At our last conversation in March, my neurologist opened up the universe of MS drugs for me to choose one, including Tysabri.
That was a surprise. I had been gritting my teeth getting ready to reluctantly submit to Avonex. I took a week to think. I read trial results for Gilenya, especially the brain atrophy result and decided to add Gilenya while I can still afford health insurance. If it goes poorly I can stop.
So now I'm waiting for an appointment to spend a day in hospital with continuous ekg monitoring while I take the first dose. I am hoping for a complete non-event with nothing of interest to report.
This will be in addition to diet and supplements. I won't be adding immune modulators like hookworms since Gilenya should do enough of that. I am definitely in search of improvements to my anti-oxidant combination.
Re risk, I took a week to think and decided to go for it. I've read what I can find and the drug has been in use for three full years. It's a personal choice.