Twelve years ago my mother came down with MS. The nescience about this theme has really employed me. That’s why I decided to make my work for general qualification for university entrance about this interesting issue.
I’m conscious of not-being the first guy who wants to do this and I’m also not the last one. However I would be really thankful if you would take just five or ten minutes to answer to my questions.
My work I specialize in the medicaments Tysabri and Gilenya. I’ll compare them in matters of clinic, social and society changement. That’s why this survey is now in this forum.
For answer my questions, I’d like to send you my finished work, if you like to get it. But you have to wait some months, because I’ll finish it in January 2014 (until then you can make the survey).
I’ll thank you in advenge for your help and I’wish you much power fort he future ☺
All your information I’ll use anonym and if you don’t want to answer the questions in the forum, you can send me the questions to the following e-mail email@example.com
Best wishes Jeremy Wyler
P.S.: I’m sorry for my bad english, but I hope you will understand the questions ☺
3. When did you get a diagnosis for MS (Year & Month)
4. What is the number for your Expanded Disability Status Scale (EDSS)
5. Is your ability to move affected?
Information about Gilenya:
1. When did you begin to take Gilenya
2. Why did you decided to start taking Gilenya
3. Please describe your satisfaction with Gilenya on a scale of 1 to 3 (1= really dissatisfied, 3 = really satisfied)
4. Since you started Gylenya, how has your ability to move changed? (1 = ability less than before; 2 = ability to move the same as before; 3 = ability to move is more then before)?
5. Do you have a pet or not since you started to take Gilenya?
6. Have you gained weight since starting Gilenya?
7. What are the most common side effects you have noticed since starting Gilenya?
(Examples: Fatigue, spacticity, less leukocytes in the blood, migraine, Acne, bad liver test results etc.)
8. Are you concerned about a Rebound if you were to stop taking Gilenya?
9. Since you started Gilenya, do you have more side effects or depression then before starting Gilenya?
10. Do you think you have too little opportunity to talk about your medication or do you wish for more opportunities?
12. Are you still working or have you stopped working since starting Gilenya?
If yes: What does your boss or superior or client say about your illness?
13. Have you already thought about a change to Tysabri?
If yes: Why have you stuck with Gilenya?
14. Do you have a fear of taking Gilenya because of it lacking a long-term study?
15. Have you met more people or friends since you started taking Gilenya?
Thank you very much for your time and answers!