Happy 2012

A board where people can laugh about their day to day experiences with MS, to combat some of the stress that goes with this illness.
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Happy 2012

Post by euphoniaa »

Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
icecube2
Family Member

Re: Happy 2012

Post by icecube2 »

Hi!

I have to admit, ashamed to sat it, I didnt get the joke, but I am British (dont hold it against me)

Your signature is interesting though, while we sleep our bodies repair, and humor or laughter triggers Endorphins a natural chemical our bodies create, which is a pain suppressant, making it good to laugh.

There you go, some useless info for you, or is it? hat is the question.
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

icecube2 wrote:Hi!

I have to admit, ashamed to sat it, I didnt get the joke, but I am British (dont hold it against me)
Well, I suppose if one has to explain one's joke, it's not quite as hilarious as one thinks it is... :-D

But anyway, here you go, Fee, an explanation of the "2012 Phenomenon" from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon
The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs according to which cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012. This date is regarded as the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae have been proposed as pertaining to this date, though none have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

A New Age interpretation of this transition is that this date marks the start of time in which Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era. Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe. Scenarios suggested for the end of the world include the arrival of the next solar maximum, or Earth's collision with a black hole, passing asteroid or a planet called "Nibiru".

Scholars from various disciplines have dismissed the idea of such cataclysmic events occurring in 2012. Professional Mayanist scholars state that predictions of impending doom are not found in any of the extant classic Maya accounts, and that the idea that the Long Count calendar "ends" in 2012 misrepresents Maya history and culture. Astronomers and other scientists have rejected the proposed events as pseudoscience, stating that they are contradicted by simple astronomical observations.
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
icecube2
Family Member

Post by icecube2 »

Thanx for that, my gratitude surpasses all before me. I'll know to stay quite the next time
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »