New to this site /had treatment in Poland in June

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Pierre

New to this site /had treatment in Poland in June

Post by Pierre »

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this site... I'm 27 years old and was dx with RRMS in 2008. In June I went to Poland for CCSVI treatment. Unfortunately I have seen no improvement and I am having a relapse right now (1st in more than a year). I am now trying to figure out where to go from here. I had no stent put in and I am worrying I might have re-stenosed already.

Anyway, hello to everyone!

Pierre
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

pierre

Welcome sorry to hear of your relapse

How many places did they balloon ?

Is the relapse as bad as your previous ones ? or have you got new symptoms ?

Are you on any blood thinners ?

Silverbirch
Pierre

Post by Pierre »

Hi Silverbirch,
thanks for the welcome!

I got one ballooning in my right jugular, that's it. My relapse is optic neuritis. The eye symptoms are not that bad, now that the headache is gone. two small blind spots in the periphery, both eyes. Thank god we have two eyes to compensate!

Right now, like so many people with MS, the problem is the fatigue and overall weakness, which are a lot worse than ever before. The fatigue settled in a few days after the ON and won't let go.

I was on blood thinners (injections) for 7 days after surgery. I have heard people going on low dose aspirin as a permanent blood thinner to prevent MS progression. Have you looked into it ?

pierre
silverbirch
Family Elder

Post by silverbirch »

Pierre wrote:Hi Silverbirch,
thanks for the welcome!

I was on blood thinners (injections) for 7 days after surgery. I have heard people going on low dose aspirin as a permanent blood thinner to prevent MS progression. Have you looked into it ?

pierre
Ah so sorry to hear about your eyes give it a bit of time some certain things seem to come back quick other take time

Asprin I was given asprin / statins when it was thought that I had a stroke but later was three weeks later DX with MS taken off asprin/statins offered DMD this I declined for now - never say never ....

Any way some weeks later I got a cold foot so I started taken BABY ASPRIN 0.75 daily foot stopped being cold I though in light of CCSVI i gave it a try so 10 months later Im still on it.

I did inform my GP and neuro that I was taken it I thought the risk low I do not take any other tablets you may need to consider what other meds your taken before going on them.

I hope to have procedure following a confirmed DX of ccsvi in the right internal jug

Hope this helps