New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Postby expat119 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:02 am

Hi,

Female 47, Ottawa just got hit with D/X this July. Literally woke up one morning with numb/tingling hands, feet and the girdle feeling around my middle. MRI of spine showed lesion - still to have brain MRI.

I've seen neurologist at the Ottawa MS clinic - was put on Prednisone for three days. I was hopeful that it would make a difference but I can still hardly bear to touch anything due to burning/stinging/raw feeling in fingers.

I run my own business which involves a lot of keyboard work. I'm looking for solutions that will save me from having to give it up.

Interested to hear what others have tried - homeopathy, accupuncture etc.
Still very emotional :(
expat119

Advertisement

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:50 am

owww not a fun time, xp. i also had numb hands/feet, the 'hug' and all that. including the hypersensitivity in my fingers.. even while numb, how fun is that :S ..

i am not a pharmaceutical drug user, but there are plenty here who can advise you along those lines.

also you will find a large population of patients who use surgery for their ms (this is very new stuff - see CCSVI forum to read about the risks and possibilities)

personally i have used vitamins and minerals to great effect so far. my signature links below can provide you with some reading if you would like to be proactive on that sort of alternative. i am not 100% in agreement with some of the links i provide, but i have drawn from them and from research, in formulating my own approach.

as for your hands, i am thinking klenner might be the best place to start. it's a weird protocol but if you like i can tell you what i did for the modified oral version.. and what i did not do.. and what i would add based on more recent research, given that the klenner protocol is about 40 years old.

personally, based on klenner and other sources, i have come up with a few key nutrients that are important to examine as a first step when dealing with ms. if you're interested just say the word :)

and welcome to TIMS. lots of sympathetic people here, all looking for the solution.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby expat119 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks for the reply and all the links. So much to look into. I've never heard of this Klenner thing but will do some reading on it.
Obviously, everyone is talking about the CCSVI but again it's early days for that. I do still have UK citizenship so if I don't feel I'm getting any treatment here, going over there is an option
expat119

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:09 pm

the klenner protocol is essentially a nutrition regimen but he advises shots of nutrients rather than taking them orally.

i did a modified 'oral klenner protocol' with a bunch of ingredients missing. i would do it differently today, as i mentioned above.

there are lots of thinkers on ms diets etc but i tend to have problems with certain elements of some diets.

anyway happy reading and if you have any questions, feel free!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby DM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:01 pm

Hi expat,

Another Ottawan here at the General. On an oral extended study. Everything is fine by me, except some fatigue, but been doing it for almost 3 years now. Never was very MSd out at all. If you are at the General, maybe we'll see you sometime
DM
Family Elder

Return to Introductions