Hello to you all

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Jaded
Family Elder

Hello to you all

Post by Jaded »

Hi there

I was diagnosed in Feb/March this year, after 5 years with a deteriorating leg, and of course foot drop. 8O

It's not so bad - I can walk a bit but I limit myself, and the foot drop is something I watch carefully. My limp is only noticable when I am tired or I have had a few!!

I have been on the Swank diet since Feb, and LDN since April. Just started the ABX regime earlier this month. I have lesions on my brain as well as my spine, so if the abx works, I will consider myself very lucky.

Been watching this board for a while now and I have learnt a lot from you all.
:)
Katman
Family Elder

Welcome

Post by Katman »

Hello Jaded

Happy to have you at the table- and a varied menu it is! Delighted to hear that you began the abx regimen already- it may help . Since you have been following this you know that it is not an overnight fix.

Rica
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
LifeontheIce
Family Elder

Post by LifeontheIce »

Welcome, Jaded!
Seems to me that many people become actively involved in decision making about their treatment options. I am very happy you joined us and hope you keep us posted about the results. It is very important that the antibiotics become a valid recovery choice.
Barbara
Jaded
Family Elder

Post by Jaded »

Thank you Rica, Barbara

I have no choice but to be proactive - I was offerred only steroids for my MS - three days of IV and no effect, except a reduced immune system!!

I will keep you posted but it's a long game and I fully understand that! :?

I have to say that the Swank diet had a good effect - it really reduced my tingling and all the overnight spasms I was getting in my leg.

:)

H.

Return to “Introductions”