Hello - New Member

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hello - New Member

Postby Chilax » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi,

I was diagnosed in October after four weeks of diplopia. I have several lesions in the brain and one in the cord. My EDSS is 1.5. My symptoms include poor balance, weak left leg / arm, and memory.

I was on IV steriods last week and oral for one more week. After discussing the DMD treatments with my MS neuro we decided on Gilenya over Tysabri. I read the Tysabri & Gilenya efficacy / safety Trials and I concluded the benefits of Gilenya outweigh the risks.

Do you use Gilenya? What has your experience been thus far?

Thanks in advance.

Al
Chilax
Getting to Know You...

Advertisement

:-)

Postby ppicklee » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi there and welcome!
I'm sorry but I'm not able to tell you anything about those DMD's as I have not used either one.
Perhaps if you go to the Drug Pipeline Thread you can find out more information there.
Anyways... WELCOME! :-)
p
ppicklee
Family Member

Postby Chilax » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I will hear from others that are / will be using Gilenya. If the moderators set-up a Gilenya folder under the "treatments" section I will gladly share with our community my experience with Gilenya (perhaps sort of like a weekly log). I need to undergo several testa (EKG, blood work, opthomalgic exam for macular edema - passed this one) prior to treatment.

I have found the TIMS community to be very knowledgeable, in my humble opinion. The website is simply awesome & I hop to be a more active member that can help others with whatever information I can share from my experiences with all facets of MS.

Lastly, I am in a CCSVI clinical trial at Albany (Vascular Group - Dr. Mehta).

Thanks again for your reply.

Al
Chilax
Getting to Know You...

Return to Introductions