Hi, Could We All Introduce Ourselves on this thread?

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
lyndacarol
Family Elder

To Casey

Post by lyndacarol »

I welcome you, too, Casey. Although I'm fairly new here, I think this group is understanding, encouraging, and intelligently searching the information out there for the answer.

And I just bet someone here finds it!!!
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi Casey, pleasure to have you with us.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
scoobyjude
Family Elder

Post by scoobyjude »

Hi, my name is Judie. I am a 31 year old female from a suburb of Chicago, IL and I was diagnosed as probable MS in January. I had a major exacerbation in March of 2004 (although mostly sensory) with a brainstem and cervical spine lesion but at the time they thought it was a monophasic attack and I completely recovered. I had a minor sensory relapse in Dec of 2005 and it showed a little inflammation on my t spine Mri at T1 in Jan. I pretty much have completely recovered from that one too but none the less, the dx stays the same. I have been lurking around on different forums for about 2 months now but have found this forum to be the most informative and positive. I can't believe all the research info I have gotten from this site and the posters. The only thing that got me through Jan and over the "why me" feelings were reading all the research that is being done on MS. When looking on other sites all I found were reasons to put the covers over my head and cry. I understand how horrible this disease can be for some people and that we all live with uncertainty but I am trying to remain as positive and optimistic as possible. I'm not married yet and I haven't had any children either so I'm not ready to give that up. Right now I feel pretty good and although I know that that could change in an instant, the progress on treatment, prevention and especially remylination keeps me from giving up hope. I am going through blood tests now and plan on starting Rebif soon. This frightens the heck out of me but I'm going to do all I can to help myself. I am currently taking Omega 3, a multivitamin and Lecithin as supplements and I was thinking of tumeric. Can anyone suggest anything else or have a reason why I shouldn't take these? My neuro did not seem to have much faith in supplements but I trust people who are dealing with this condition to have more informed info. I just love the overall positive research vibe of this forum and how helpful the members are and wanted to say so. Thanks
remnants
Family Member

Post by remnants »

Greetings Judie,

I think you will find a considerable amount of information regarding supplements under the topic "Natural Approach." Another great site to see what therapies and supplements patients are using is "Remedy Find."

Take Care!!!
Every morning I awaken torn between the desire to save the world and the inclination to savor it.
- E.B. White
Suey133

My MS!!!!

Post by Suey133 »

:lol: Hi there.

My name is Sue.

Iam 36 years old and am married (for the past 13 years!!).

We have one child - an 11 year old son.

I was diagnosed 14 years ago after an unexplained bout of optic neuritis and various bodily parts going numb.

I would very much like to talk to people who have an idea of what I'm going through. I am still walking (thank God) and look totally normal. But ...... I was recently referred to a neuropsychiatrist. Does anyone out there understand my frustration ( I've even been called a liar for the lack on walking aids)?

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sue xx
REDHAIRANDTEMPER
Family Elder

Post by REDHAIRANDTEMPER »

SUE,
i understand the frustration...i have been to my appointment with my neurphy testing...i felt like after having numbness and no feeling in my right leg for 6 months and also having the pins and needles feeling in my right hand and arm that it would be nice if someone would tell me something other then looking at me like i am crazy...i am going to have my second set of mri's this friday...sometimes they do make you feel like you might be making all it up..i have just had a appointment with my neurologist this last week..he said do the mris and then we will see where we are at..so what does that mean for me..absolutly nothing right now..cause they arent doing anything for me but give me something for the fatgue..which i really find to be helpful...thank god for that right now cause at least i can fuction better during the day right now....so yes i know the frustration there sue..if ya need to talk or vent will be here..i find this site to help me not get overly frustrated with things..so thank you everyone for all the help so far..

chris
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Sue and Judie-- big welcomes to both of you to our community!
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Suey133

Yeah! It's almost easter!!

Post by Suey133 »

Couldn't think of a way to get anyone's attention! I was diagnosed in Sep 1992 and would like some interaction with people who know about MS.

Am now 36 heading for 37 but basically feel like I'm 66 heading for 67!!!

So, please feel free to introduce yourself to me.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sue
Katman
Family Elder

Post by Katman »

Hi Sue

I have had PPMS for nearly 11 years and have been on the antibiotics regimen for 17 months. Instead a being in a wheelchair I can and do walk/run a mile almost every day. Please visit CPn Help. Definitely a worthwhile pursuit.

Rica
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

hi from a newbie

Post by jimmylegs »

hi all, got sent this site and am checking it out for the first time. looks good so far :)

so i was just diagnosed 6 weeks ago. in the last week, my lhermitte's sign went away. so i'm curious - will the lesion that caused it still show up on the mri, or do lesions go back to looking like healthy tissue between attacks?
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

hi jimmy, welcome to the site. for specific questions like yours, please post them in the general discussion forum so the right people see them.
sonatalady

Hello!

Post by sonatalady »

My name is Paula!

My husband has MS. He was diagnosed with RRMS when he was 18. He just had his 27th birthday!

He is currently on Avonex and can't WAIT for Tysabri to come back on the market! He hates avonex, and it's not really doing all that much for him!

We were just married on January 7th! I found this site when I was looking for more information on other drugs that are being researched right now! I want to be supportive of him, so that's why I'm here!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Welcome, Paula

Post by lyndacarol »

Your situation sounds like a perfect match for this site! I'm sure you will feel right at home here. You will find lots of information, lots of people who understand. Welcome and best wishes on your recent marriage!
oregoncowgirl

Post by oregoncowgirl »

My name is Patti have become member of several sites.

I have RRMS DX'd 01-14-05 was on tysabri( can't wait for return) now on Avonex hate it

I am 46 years old

I have to wonderful perfect daughters age 24 and 21 daughter number one is expecting in Nov 06

I raise horses and have 30+ I also raise Scottish fold cats I have a bluey dog (Austrail Cattle dog)

I live in Sunny Central Oregon and Love it here it is God's country.
Katman
Family Elder

Post by Katman »

Hi Patti

Welcome to our wonderful site. I grew up on horses - buried my last mare 4 years ago and have had daity goats for 29 years. I am PPMS and have been on the antibiotics protocol found on CPn Help for 18 months and have gone from a 6.7 to a 2 on the EDSS scale. We would welcome you over to browse.

Rica
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.

Return to “Introductions”