Hi, Could We All Introduce Ourselves on this thread?

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
mswp
Getting to Know You...

Check in

Post by mswp »

Hi All,

WOW, sure has picked up in here! G'Day from Downunder to all the new members! :)

A couple of days layin' low and look at all the people!

this could turn into one of the Great Forums!. I will keep lookin' in, subject to my vision which comes and goes as does my touch typing...

{THANK GOODNESS FOR THE BACKSPACE KEY!} *LOL*

G'Day Crispy !!!

:)
Regards,

Peter Anderson
http://www.mswebpeople.com/
MS WEB PEOPLE

Melbourne Australia.
mswp
Getting to Know You...

Check in

Post by mswp »

Hi All,

WOW, sure has picked up in here! G'Day from Downunder to all the new members! :)

A couple of days layin' low and look at all the people!

this could turn into one of the Great Forums!. I will keep lookin' in, subject to my vision which comes and goes as does my touch typing...

{THANK GOODNESS FOR THE BACKSPACE KEY!} *LOL*

G'Day Crispy !!!

:)
Regards,

Peter Anderson
MS WEB PEOPLE

Melbourne Australia.
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Hi Peter, :D

Things are certainly picking up - apart from Sundays which seem to be some sort of rest day, I haven't quite worked that out yet :wink:

All the best,
Chris P
Divvy

Post by Divvy »

Hi All,

Well joined this great forum yesterday after recommendation on another group (thanx Crispy!!). What a great forum it is, and seems the family is growing day by day.

A little about me: I'm Divvy, 36 years old and live with my boyfriend of 13 years and our 2 cats, in Kent, UK. I was dx with RRMS in November 1998 although I had suffered from ON a couple of years before that but MS was never mentioned then. I have been on rebif since March 2002, and although I hate the injections I am pretty sure it is doing me some good (well I am in my first major relapse since starting on it).

My main problems are balance and walking (or lack of both I should say). I now use crutches all the time and a wheelchair for any kind of long journey (like shopping which I refuse to give up).

I still work full time and hope to continue as long as I can (so I can finance that shopping :wink: )

My favourite motto is "keep smiling it makes people wonder what you've been up to" :D

I don't let this MS get me down, well not often anyway, and if it does creep up on me I just box it on the nose and start smiling again.

As you can see I love to chat.

Great to "meet" everyone

Take Care

Divvy
mswp
Getting to Know You...

Post by mswp »

Welcome Divvy,

another smiler ??? Great stuff ! :) :)

I often get the same response.....

With all that has happened, how can you be so happy and cheerful?

I just snicker to myself...... and they wonder........ LOL

Peter
Regards,

Peter Anderson
MS WEB PEOPLE

Melbourne Australia.
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Hi Divvy, :D

Great that you chose to join the family, I feel like I know you already :)

All the best,
Chris P
kidtaxi

Post by kidtaxi »

[/b] Hi all. A good friend, Bonnie, told me about this site yesterday. I'm all signed up and ready to go. This is a WONDERFUL site.
I was dx in Jan. 2001. I am not currently on any of the MS meds. I took Copaxone for about a year, I have been off of it since Dec. 2002. I haven't had any major flare's. A few minor symptoms every now and then. I'm opposite from almost all people with MS. The cold weather makes me feel HORRIBLE. I love summer. The heat doesn't faze me in the least. My neuro says i'm weird. LOL.
I am from Texas. I have been married to a wonderful man for 12 years we have two kids and three english bulldogs. So, basically we have 5 kids. lol. I hope to get to know all of you better. :P [/list]
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Hi kidtaxi, :D

Welcome to the group and thank you for your introduction.

As you say, this is a great site and we'll look forward to hearing more from you. :)

All the best,
Chris P
Andy
Family Member

Post by Andy »

Hi Everyone :D , Nice to see some more new "faces"/ names on here now. How are you all doing? I'm still trying to persuade my GP to let me try LDN. I'll keep trying til I get it!!! LOL.
I wish you all a very HAPPY VALENTINES DAY :D
Regards
Andy
:wink:
fightingms
Family Member

Post by fightingms »

Welcome ALL new posters. Nice to see so many new faces. This is truly a great site.

I do not get alot of time to post as I am still working, two jobs infact. I am going to slow down to just one double a week. My second job I love, but 3 nights a week is too much with full time day job.

Kidtaxie.... :lol: ..Love the name...know the meaning..... :lol:

Divvy....Love your attitude.... :D

Susie...what great support you are giving to your daughter-inlaw 8)

Sharon..welcome..I was DX about 2 years after I was taken off HRT...Dr's thought I should be taken off as I was still having menstrual cycles even though I was still having all the signs of perimenopause, [night sweats, mood swings, hot flashes,etc.]...food for thought

For all I missed your name....Welcome and i look forward to your posts.....Kim
Shayk
Family Elder

Post by Shayk »

Kim, I thought I replied earlier, but I don't see the post :?

I wanted to give you more food for thought. If you haven't already read it, you might want to check out the article on estriol in the encyclopedia on this site.

I also read a book, The HRT Solution, by Marla Ahlgrimm and John Kells and am off to see a compounding pharmacist tomorrow.

Hopefully they'll be able to match my HRT needs with the estrogen research on MS. There is also "mice" research published last year in the Journal of Immunology. The last line of the abstract reads: "These results suggest that oral ethinyl estradiol might be a successful candidate as therapy for MS."

Keeps us all thinking at least..

Hope you are well. (I lived in Western PA for 8 years, and, guess what, it's gonna snow tomorrow here in Virginia!)

Be well.

Sharon
fightingms
Family Member

Post by fightingms »

Thanks for the info Sharon. I am on my way out the door to work, but will read this article when I get home. Interesting isn't it.

Take care.........Kim
2gentle
Family Member

Post by 2gentle »

Hello all!

Forgive me if I've done this already, heck, with my one brain cell, who knows?? LOL...

Anyway, my name is Diane, and I have RRMS...dx'd Jan of '97,and am on Copaxone...still ambulatory, although after breaking my toe, I'm beginning to wonder...:))

I'm 53, single, and live in the state of confusion most of the time(read as Arkansas).

So far, I really like this board, with one tiny exception...is there a chat room here, or a way I can see or talk w/anyone who's on when I am??
I'd hate to think I'm really mentally challenged,lol, but so far, I haven't found anything...HELP!!

I am the leader of a support group through MSAA(Multiple Sclerosis Association of America), and we have a ball! I chose this organization, because it focuses on the person,not the money...

Well, this is enough, don't you think?? Be well all,and nice to "meet" you!
Diane
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Hi Diane, and welcome to the group :D

Thanks for sharing you story with us - I'm not in any condition to answer your questions today, but I'm sure others will join in soon.

I have tried a few chat-rooms before, but my brain won't work quick enough to follow through with who's asking who, so I usually give up. I find the forums and Email more suited to my speed :)

All the best,
Chris P
Sherry

Post by Sherry »

Hi, my name is Sherry. This is a great place. I have RRMS, dx'd 3/2001. I take Copaxone. Two kids, 1 stepdaughter, 1 foreign exchange student, 3 grandkids, 1 dog, 1 cat, and a lot of fish! :roll: Oh, and a great hubby too! :D I don't work, because of the MonSter. But I do home school my youngest, 9. I'm a busy woman! Just thinking about it makes me tired. :?
Anyone else out there that home schools also? Just wondering. Hope to hang out here for a long while.

Sherry :D

Return to “Introductions”