New and wanted to introduce myself

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Angie40

New and wanted to introduce myself

Post by Angie40 »

Hello everyone :)

My name is Angie. I reside in NE Ohio. I have been dx'd with MS this year and started Rebif just a couple months ago. Although I get the dreaded flu three times a week after my injections. I believe that cognitivly It is helping me.
My family is a bit less then supportive. I told them the other day, that maybe it would be easier if I had cancer, and was taking chemo and my hair was falling out, that maybe then they would understand and be a bit more understanding/compasionate twords me and not expect so much, maybe then they would take a moment to stop, and think what I am going threw. They don't understand what it is like to be so sick from taking a shot. They do not understand that I am honestly ILL three times a week. I don't have a simple cold, I have the flu. I hurt and im tired and im sick. They just don't understand and expect me to be super mom/daughter/sister. It is so frustrating. I don't know if anyone else has been threw this, but if so I hope you can relate.
This year has been the worst year of my life. My father passed away this year with cancer I was dx'd with MS, I am going threw a Divorce, my oldest son has left for bootcamp, and my youngest son has Autism. He is high functioning... thank god, but he requires lots of time and energy, I spend hours with him each night doing homework, and has made it to the honor roll, for his last report card last year. Let me tell you, that felt amazing, all our hard work paid off.
I'm not complaining, or don't mean to if it sounds like I am.
Once you start venting, its kind of hard to stop and then you relise, "wow it sounds like I want a pitty party"...but I don't, I'm just looking for others who can relate.

Anyway, hello to all, it is nice to be in a place where we can bounce ideas and thoughts off of eachother, and to have others who may be able to relate.

Angie
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

welcome to the forum Angie, you'll get lots of support here at TIMS :)
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.