Wife Diagnosed with Brain lesion

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Wife Diagnosed with Brain lesion

Postby dynabiker58 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi
My wifes MRI shows a 2.5 cm brain lesion and a 12 mm lesion in the right side of brain.

Has vision issue in left eye and droop in left facial area. They did full body scan an no tumors thank God. Extreme fatigue and to make it worse they put her on Keppra for fear of seizure. She is seeing another Neurologist in a few days The one at the Hospital wasn't very good. No Brain swelling. Hospital Dr didn't think it was MS I'm not so sure.
dynabiker58

Advertisement

Re: Wife Diagnosed with Brain lesion

Postby euphoniaa » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:37 pm

dynabiker58 wrote:Hi
My wifes MRI shows a 2.5 cm brain lesion and a 12 mm lesion in the right side of brain.

Has vision issue in left eye and droop in left facial area. They did full body scan an no tumors thank God. Extreme fatigue and to make it worse they put her on Keppra for fear of seizure. She is seeing another Neurologist in a few days The one at the Hospital wasn't very good. No Brain swelling. Hospital Dr didn't think it was MS I'm not so sure.

Hello dynabiker,

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's lesions and hope it turns out to be something much more easily treatable than MS. My only comment about your post is that brain lesions can mean many, many different things. When it comes to MS, though, some, like me, have a brainful of "classic" MS-type lesions, while others show no lesions on MRI at all. Often MS lesions are in specific patterns/locations, etc, but it sounds like your wife's may not be like that.

Wishing you both good news when she sees the neurologist. :smile:
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
euphoniaa
Family Elder

Return to Introductions