Let me introduce myself

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Ute
Getting to Know You...

Let me introduce myself

Post by Ute »

Hello everyone,

my name is Volodymyr. Was diagnosed back in 2004 in my native Ukraine. After taking into consideration limited amount of treatment options available than in Ukraine and being in my early 20's decided to immigrate to the US. Gave up an excellent job with promising career (worked for governor's office), friends, and packed in rush within few months of my diagnosis (my wife (now my ex) joined me in a few months ). Decent job, insurance, mortgage, vacations once a year, family, graduate school, etc. In 2010, after 7 years of marriage, we both decided to part ways. I couldn't continue to hide my new symptoms from my spouse any more and every time she would notice them she would get upset mainly because of what she's been through with all this and who knows what was gonna show up next. No kids, so we decided to do it quick and painless. Best for us both.

Got great medical care while there. Doctor's supervision, follow ups, and so on. On Avonex ever since the end of 2004 and doing fine, I guess. I was still able to ski downhill last season. I usually used to ski 8 to 10 times per season, which I consider quite impressive given that I am horrible at running. Actually, I hardly can run. After few steps my legs become very numb and I barely can move them (requires a lot of strength, loss of balance comes along, etc. ). But, no question, I appreciate where I am now and what I am still capable to accomplish.

I guess my divorce played a big role in my decision to return back home. After carefully considering all options I decided to move back home. So, after lived about 7 years in the US I am back home now. Right after my return I got a new job in a new place some 600 miles away from where I used to live before. My new job required lots of traveling, meetings, etc. In three months I quit my job basically because I couldn't handle it physically, and I was really far away from my family members who felt responsible for letting me accept that job offer. Now I am back to my city, and ready to take the next step in my lifelong fight. And I am not giving up, no way. It's been quite a journey for me, including my MS, and no matter what, I am ready for any unexpected bumps on my road. Life with MS is more colorful and I guess our courage to live it well makes us specially strong and unique.

We will fight and never give up.

May God bless you all.

:-D

Contra spem spero
DougL
Family Elder

Re: Let me introduce myself

Post by DougL »

welcome
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

Im sorry to hear. welcome to the forums

a few alternative treatment exist for MS other than the drugs the neurologist offers you, which has been found to be as effective as taking nothing at all. more information can be found in the CCSVI and chiropractic forums on here.

i believe upper cervical chiropractic can help then i would do the CCSVI surgery which has also been shown to help too
janekathleen

Post by janekathleen »

You seem like a really cool guy, Volodymyr. I wish you the best of luck.
civickiller
Family Elder

Post by civickiller »

if you are not on a good, healthy diet, i would try to change to one. fruits and vegetables
Ute
Getting to Know You...

Post by Ute »

janekathleen: thank you. I am thrilled to be part of TIMS discussion. I am happy to live with MS in the era of advanced technology. I would sucked to live some 20-30 years ago without such an excellent tool as Internet. I hope I will fire my doc one day

civickiller: actually I am. I wouldn't identify it as a fat free diet, but it's definitely LOW fat diet plus supplements daily (D3, B12, Lecithin, Omega3, etc. )
Contra spem spero

Return to “Introductions”