New here but NOT new to MS

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

New here but NOT new to MS

Postby acmalin927 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi, my name is Adam. I have been working in the Neurodiagnositc field for 12 years. Over the last 6 years I have been focusing more on performing VEP (Visual Evoked Potential) and BAEP (Brain Auditory Evoked Potential) studies, that help diagnose MS, at a large hospital in Houston, Texas.

Sadly I help diagnose people with MS just about every day. But it wasn't until I had an aquaintance pass away at the young age of 36 due to complications from MS that I decided to do something about it. Last year, I was honored to sign up for the MS150 (Houston to Austin) and help raise money and awaeness for Multiple Sclerosis through the National MS Society.

I signed up again this year, and cant wait until April 21-22nd 2012 to get onthe road with nearly 14,000 other cyclists and make the trip from Houston (in my case Katy) to Austin...

I am glad to be here on the site to read up more on this disease and hope to talk to as many members as possible and out you in my "mental roladex" so you can come with me on my ride in April ;)

- Adam
acmalin927

Advertisement

Re: New here but NOT new to MS

Postby DougL » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:39 am

welcome Adam.
DougL
Family Elder

Postby koopico » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:59 am

Hi Adam--welcome!
koopico
Family Member

Postby mistimmw » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm

welcome Adam :-D
mistimmw

Postby cath » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:38 pm

my name is Cath, have had ms 16 yrs. it's progressive. I use wheelchair full-time.
I started fampyra 2 weeks ago, not for my legs, but my right hand,( left hand gone)
So far no change, but hopefully...................................

Cath
cath

Return to Introductions