New here hello

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
kenneth65
Getting to Know You...

Re: New here hello

Post by kenneth65 »

Hi it early as you can tell getting ready for work. I got her the magnesium 100 mg made by Jamieson and some Epson salt.
I had to tell her that the magnesium will not work right away but will help. She so excited she took one during dinner she wants it to happen right away. It a shame I have to cut her steak but we make jokes about it.Thank you for your responses jimmyleg I guess its now time to go and post at the general discussion area.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi there, that's great! watch it with jamieson magnesium, i am pretty sure their form is not magnesium glycinate, more likely a much less soluble, inorganic form. it will be less absorbable, so that means she'll get less benefit per pill. also, she can't just take more pills, because less absorbable = goes right through you. taking lots of insoluble inorganic forms of magnesium is great for relieving constipation or creating diarrhea :S not so fun! also, the epsom salts bath may also help, but again more is not better. just follow the package directions. let me know how it all pans out! and keep looking for magnesium glycinate :D probably have to find a specialty nutrition store. good luck!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
kenneth65
Getting to Know You...

Post by kenneth65 »

Hi all jimmylegs Have you or anyone heard of this Magnesium Glycinate Bio Max Series
its from a company called KIRKMAN. If so is it any good?
Thanks Ken
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

These energy drinks are full of sugar and caffeine. They are not good for you. I have replaced my soda with tea and I use stevia. Other than that I drink water. I also use Kombucha tea which helps with the probiotic.

http://bodyecology.com/articles/energy_ ... rition.php

http://www.anahatabalance.com/teakombucha2.html

http://www.acupuncture.com/herbs/kombucha1.htm

http://www.livingpaleo.com/probioticsgo ... ia-part-2/
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi kenneth, re your question: kirkman mag glycinate bio max is the exact product i use. i think it's very good.

i usually take one per day, midday. later on in the evening i take a mag citrate. if i take any more daily magnesium than that, i start to experience weakness in my leg muscles (i don't take extra calcium so that's likely why).

i absorbed mag glycinate so well that i had side effects. i don't know anyone else who has experienced problems from taking mag glycinate. all the same, if you have any trouble with this form, i recommend taking it with food to push it down into your intestines for absorption. it's not useful to have it absorbing in your stomach and relaxing your lower oesophageal sphincter! at least, i have not found that experience to be very positive (bad coughing to the point of dry heaves).

hope that helps! how's everything been going, by and large?
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
kenneth65
Getting to Know You...

Post by kenneth65 »

Hello and thanks for the info Jimmylegs
all is well and again thanks for the info I will get back to you all soon with some updates we are now looking into stem cell research here Montreal.
Ken
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hi kenneth and you're very welcome :D just curious if using the epsom salts had made any improvements in your wife's shaking, at all? good luck with your research!
kenneth65
Getting to Know You...

Post by kenneth65 »

hi how did it take before you seen improvement. her knees are bad she works out a little every day steps and stationary bike
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

heya! well i had most of my most serious problems with spastic muscles it took two days to get significant improvement. any chance of some bloodwork to check serum electrolyte balance?

Return to “Introductions”