This is all new to me, but I'm reaching out because I'm desperate for someone who understands. I will provide some background in hopes that someone might have insight on the situation at hand. I've been referred to a neurologist by my PCP, but couldn't get an appointment until 1/9/13, and the wait for answers is killing me.
So, here's the story:
- I'm a 34 year old otherwise healthy female
- In 2006, diagnosed at eye doctor with an enlarged optic nerve. Doctor did field of vision and pressure test for glaucoma, but never mentioned anything about MS.
- In 2010, I failed hearing tests at work for my right ear. Ended up at audiologist, then ear nose & throat doc, then for MRI, and finally at neuro for small white spots on MRI. Doctor asked if I was having any other symptoms other than the sudden hearing loss, and when I replied "no", that was pretty much it. He told me to get back in touch if I ever had dizziness, etc.
- October, 2012 = sudden tingling and numbness in right arm. Not associated with any certain movement, but just comes and goes. Not necessarily painful, but VERY annoying. Visited PCP, who referred me for EMG, which was normal. Follow up with PCP referred me for another MRI and re-visit to neuro, stating that he's suspicious of MS.
- All bloodwork is normal
- Only other strange sypmtoms are complete and total exhaustion, and "distraction" at work. I'm normally a high-performing individual, but suddenly find myself sitting and staring at my computer as if I don't know what to do, and by the time I get home all I want to do is crawl in bed.
Any thoughts or feedback? I feel very alone, and the few people that I've confided in don't seem to understand me. Thank you in advance for any help!!