Happy Saturday!

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Happy Saturday!

Postby DoctorDrew » Sat May 11, 2013 7:43 am

Greeting everyone!

Before I jump right in I just wanted to shout a quick hello. My name is Andrew but most people go with Drew or Andy. Call me whatever you like.
For about two weeks I have been looking here and there trying to locate a forum that was not just friendly but informative. My screen is a bit deceiving in that I am not a doctor. Nurse yes, but no doc.

In the preceding week I diagnosed with RRMS. Well, perhaps I should clarify. A year ago went through a major health issue which landed me on the ICU on a vent. It took them days figure out I was actually having an extreme reaction to a med. During the course of all this ended up with a LP and two brain MRI's. At some point they suspected MS as the drew a MS panel off of the spinal fluid which (my new neuro) tells me gave results that left no doubt to the diagnosis. Problem is no one at the hospital (or the two neuro docs I saw outpatient) bothered to tell me.

At anyrate I have been under the care of a brilliant neurologist for about four months now and with a few additional tests the diagnosis was confirmed.

I hope that visiting here learn from others going down this path or who have traveled the road and have pearls of wisdom to share. I have zilch experience with this disease both personally and professionally.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Andy
DoctorDrew

Advertisement

Re: Happy Saturday!

Postby lyndacarol » Sat May 11, 2013 8:04 am

Welcome to ThisIsMS, Andy. We are glad to have you "jump right in"and join our conversations.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Return to Introductions