Hi, New here & wanted to introduce myself.

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
char7511

Hi, New here & wanted to introduce myself.

Post by char7511 »

My name is Charlotte, but you can call me Char. I live in a North Central Tx.. 51, divorced, 2 children, 4 grand children. Whom keep me very busy! They are a blast. I am looking forward to getting to know ya'll.

I was Dx'd 08-2001 however, its thought that I've had MS much longer, my Neuro. and PC. Dr's say that I have Lupus as well . Rhumy Doc., says No, you have RA. I said I don't care what ya call it, just fix Me!!

I was on Avonex, then Tysbary (sp can't spell this a.m.). I am currently on methotrexate, and IVIG. Along with a host of other drugs.

I just had a MRI on Tuesday, I can't wait to hear the results after a year of no meds. They gave me the films, so I got out my old ones and tried to play Dr.....LOL didn't work to well. So. I'll just wait for the reports. The new one's hummm, appeared to look different. I hope it's a good different.

Anyway, I am glad I found this site! Hoping ya'll have a wonderful day!! :lol:

Char..

[/i][/b]
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Hi Char, welcome to the community. We are very happy to have you with us.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
BarefootArtist

Re: Hi, New here & wanted to introduce myself.

Post by BarefootArtist »

Hi Char
I know the feeling of doctors tagging extra initials in the primary diagnosis. I started with ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenia pupura) then MS. Shortly after came RA that no one wanted to treat since the MS was apparently more important (says who??) now it seems the SLE tag has been added on. I could have told them that after the lovely butterfly rash appeared, but docs seem to want to make up there own minds and seldom listen to my diagnosis.
I play radiologist quite often with my MRIs, and no even with past experience I really don't know what I am looking at.
I pray your primary impression of improvement on the most recent MRI is correct, and I hope they keep improving all the time!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

BarefootArtist wrote:Hi Char
I know the feeling of doctors tagging extra initials in the primary diagnosis. I started with ITP (idiopathic thrombocytopenia pupura) then MS. Shortly after came RA that no one wanted to treat since the MS was apparently more important (says who??) now it seems the SLE tag has been added on. I could have told them that after the lovely butterfly rash appeared, but docs seem to want to make up there own minds and seldom listen to my diagnosis.
I play radiologist quite often with my MRIs, and no even with past experience I really don't know what I am looking at.
I pray your primary impression of improvement on the most recent MRI is correct, and I hope they keep improving all the time!
ITP, MS, RA, and lupus (SLE) are all "autoimmune" diseases, as you probably know. It is not uncommon for a person diagnosed with one autoimmune disease to be diagnosed later with a second, or a third – or even a fourth, in your case. Among the scientists who think these 100+ diseases are connected is Noel R. Rose, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman Emeritus, AARDA National Scientific Advisory Board; Professor of Pathology and of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology; Director, Center for Autoimmune Disease Research, Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD. He explained this well in his essay, The Common Thread. List and essay available at http://www.aarda.org

By the way, Barefoot, the poster (Char) was writing in 2006 and may no longer be visiting this website. It's always a good idea to check the date posted.
THX1138
Family Elder

Post by THX1138 »

By the way, Barefoot, the poster (Char) was writing in 2006 and may no longer be visiting this website. It's always a good idea to check the date posted.
Thanks Lyndacarol I had forgotten to check the dates again and was about to post as if this was a recent topic.

THX1138