Thanks for the responses.
I didn't get to ask my neuro, unfortunately. Let me explain more thoroughly. I went for a full neurological exam some 3 weeks ago after cancelling twice before because of my job (stupid of me, I know), and when I finally got there I expected some sort of a conversation with a neurologist after the tests. Instead, the experience was closer to being in an automatic factory, the doctors come in, do their exams (touch the tip of your nose, for example), send me to some other tests (tilt test, EVP), then the LP, then I was sent home and told that I will receive the results by mail. I got them yesterday, and in fact it does state that this is a case of "idiopatic inflammatory condition of a relapsing-remmiting multiple sclerosis type". (I'm from Croatia, so I'm translating this as best I can). So I suppose I am officially diagnosed, the part that surprises me is that under the heading "Th" (therapy) instead of some DMD,all they prescribed was D3 vitamin. Also, I am to report to them again in 2 months for control, and in the meantime schedule another MRI.
Perhaps I will have that conversation with a neuro then, but in any case I feel they should have started me on something already, and I fear that, since my country is in financial trouble, I would not even get a DMD. Would this be enough to get a DMD in your country or would your doctors wait for another MRI that would show new lesions?
As for atrophy, here is a link just to show that I 'm not speaking out of my a**. http://www2.rsna.org/timssnet/media/pre ... cfm?ID=668
I suppose it is a relatively new find. I will certainly express my doubts to my neuro, like you say, provided that I ever get to have a talk with her.
Finally, thank you for clearing up the sunshine predicament for me. I do not seem to have any trouble being in the sun for now, so I will try to spend more time sunbathing while I still can.
I have run into the Lyme disease theory myself, although I didn't know about minocycline, so thank you. Like atrophy, I will ask my doctor about this too, as soon as I get a chance. I will certainly not start any DMD's if I even get them until I've made sure that Lyme is ruled out (at least to the best it can be).
Any advice as for what to do in the meantime? Until my next appointment with the neurology department, I mean. There are so many theories about diet, exercise, DMDs, I don't know where to start. Also, it is so discouraging to read that you could be doing all that for no reason, since none of it is proven to work.