A year, a month, and some days.

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

A year, a month, and some days.

Postby HonestyDesired » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:04 am

Hello everyone how are you?!

I know not everyone is too well, but don't forget to try to smile despite the pain and all of the negative thoughts that flow through our minds. This is a struggle but don't forget that others, myself included are here to hold your hand through it all, we are all connected despite any differences we may have, by this ugly thing that is MS, but we shall overcome!

My name is Ebony, or Ebby, whichever you prefer, doesn't matter much to me hehe. I am seven years married, twenty four years old, no children, just two precious fur babies of the feline type. I was diagnosed one year ago, a month and some days. There were suspicions before my diagnosis because I lost the ability to walk around without stumbling and I was sleeping so much. My parents and my husband were all devastated but I refused to let this thing control me. I cannot afford the medication so I deal with the pain of it, but I am okay, and soon I will be able to afford it.

I am a victor over a few things in my life, refusing to be a victim.

As a child I was sexually assaulted and the man who did this to me was never held accountable, I will admit I struggle with it, and have struggled with it in my past, three suicide attempts. Just when I began to rise from the ashes of that person who felt so alone and lost, I was hit with this diagnosis. However I will not let this bring me down.

I will admit that I struggle with my MS sometimes, not just the devastating pain, and the frustration of being made unable to control basic motor functions, etc. (I think you guys know the stuff) but the anger and frustration in and of itself. I'm here to tell you as I hope and am sure you have heard before, IT IS OKAY TO CRY!! It is okay to be upset and to be hurt by all of these things we cannot control, but don't forget to smile loves, make a list of all of the things you are grateful for and when you feel down, read that list to yourself and remember.

I hope that I haven't made a terrible introduction or have been too demanding, I need all of you just as much as I hope you will need me to lean on when we struggle. Together we can rise above this!

Thank you for reading this post

Ebby :peace:
My thoughts crowd my mind like leaves from a tree, compost that works to grow this girl who is me.
HonestyDesired

Advertisement

Re: A year, a month, and some days.

Postby lyndacarol » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:23 am

HonestyDesired wrote:Hello everyone how are you?!

I know not everyone is too well, but don't forget to try to smile despite the pain and all of the negative thoughts that flow through our minds. This is a struggle but don't forget that others, myself included are here to hold your hand through it all, we are all connected despite any differences we may have, by this ugly thing that is MS, but we shall overcome!

My name is Ebony, or Ebby, whichever you prefer, doesn't matter much to me hehe. I am seven years married, twenty four years old, no children, just two precious fur babies of the feline type. I was diagnosed one year ago, a month and some days. There were suspicions before my diagnosis because I lost the ability to walk around without stumbling and I was sleeping so much. My parents and my husband were all devastated but I refused to let this thing control me. I cannot afford the medication so I deal with the pain of it, but I am okay, and soon I will be able to afford it.

I am a victor over a few things in my life, refusing to be a victim.

As a child I was sexually assaulted and the man who did this to me was never held accountable, I will admit I struggle with it, and have struggled with it in my past, three suicide attempts. Just when I began to rise from the ashes of that person who felt so alone and lost, I was hit with this diagnosis. However I will not let this bring me down.

I will admit that I struggle with my MS sometimes, not just the devastating pain, and the frustration of being made unable to control basic motor functions, etc. (I think you guys know the stuff) but the anger and frustration in and of itself. I'm here to tell you as I hope and am sure you have heard before, IT IS OKAY TO CRY!! It is okay to be upset and to be hurt by all of these things we cannot control, but don't forget to smile loves, make a list of all of the things you are grateful for and when you feel down, read that list to yourself and remember.

I hope that I haven't made a terrible introduction or have been too demanding, I need all of you just as much as I hope you will need me to lean on when we struggle. Together we can rise above this!

Thank you for reading this post

Ebby :peace:

Welcome to ThisIsMS, Ebby. With your attitude, you will be a great asset to our community here. Sooner or later, we here have our moments of anger and frustration, we have a need to vent, and some of us do cry. We do need each other; glad to meet you.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: A year, a month, and some days.

Postby HonestyDesired » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:14 pm

Welcome to ThisIsMS, Ebby. With your attitude, you will be a great asset to our community here. Sooner or later, we here have our moments of anger and frustration, we have a need to vent, and some of us do cry. We do need each other; glad to meet you.

Thank you so much for your response, I hope that I can be a great asset here hehe. This website has been so informative for me thus far! There are so many things that I truly didn't know and now I am better for knowing these things. Thank you so much!
My thoughts crowd my mind like leaves from a tree, compost that works to grow this girl who is me.
HonestyDesired

Return to Introductions