New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Postby sunshinetwo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 pm

Hello there

I am a 74 year old great grandmother who has r/r/m/s/. Although only diagnosed in 1999, I'm pretty confident I have had this condition since my teens. I consider that I'm pretty lucky in that I still only use a walking stick and, on bad days, a wheelie walker.
Living in the sub tropics I find the weather does affect me but have a couple of air conditioners and many fans in the house, which do help in the warmer months.

I was on Avonex for about 3 years but it didn't seem to make any difference and no changes noticed since I came off it some 5 years ago.

Hope that is enough for an intro.

sunshinetwo
sunshinetwo

Advertisement

Re: Newbie

Postby lyndacarol » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Welcome to ThisIsMS, sunshinetwo. We are glad to meet you and glad you have found us. As we look back, most of us think we have had MS quite a while before being diagnosed. We are happy to share our experiences and our opinions, when asked. I look forward to your contribution to our conversations
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Return to Introductions