Still not accepting dx

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
AdiosMS
Getting to Know You...

Still not accepting dx

Post by AdiosMS »

27 years ago, I had optic neuritis (no MRIs then). I lost all vision in one eye within a week. I had no treatment. Gradually, over apx. a year's period, my vision returned totally. FF 27 years. I was walking across a parking lot, and all the sudden, one whole side of my body went paralyzed. I couldn't walk. I could talk and asked a stranger for help (they proceeded to finishing loading their car with groceries, jumped in their SUV, rolled down the window, asked if they could call 911). I went to the ER, had a CAT scan, was diagnosed with MS. To date, I have not taken any meds (suggested Rebif) as I'm too scared of taking something so powerful w/unknown long-term effects and with only a 30-40% efficacy.
Any thoughts, prayers, whatever, welcomed. Just very down. I had weeks of same-side weaknesses. That has mostly gone away, but now, I have that MS fatigue.

Venting. Thanks for reading.
MarkLavelle
Family Elder

Re: Still not accepting dx

Post by MarkLavelle »

It might be MS, but they couldn't tell you that from a CAT scan. I would seek a second opinion at the nearest MS-specific clinic.

RRMS dx 3/3/11; Copaxone since 12/1/11
JordanaDG
Getting to Know You...

Post by JordanaDG »

That's really frightening stuff, that it had onset so quickly. Disappointing that the person didn't help you, some people are just total idiots.

I'm new to this forum and honestly don't know much about MS yet, but this forum is fully of highly knowledgable people so I'm positive they'll be able to help you out.

I'm sending prayers and thoughts your way! Hope things get better!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

AdiosMS wrote:27 years ago, I had optic neuritis (no MRIs then). I lost all vision in one eye within a week. I had no treatment. Gradually, over apx. a year's period, my vision returned totally. FF 27 years. I was walking across a parking lot, and all the sudden, one whole side of my body went paralyzed. I couldn't walk. I could talk and asked a stranger for help (they proceeded to finishing loading their car with groceries, jumped in their SUV, rolled down the window, asked if they could call 911). I went to the ER, had a CAT scan, was diagnosed with MS. To date, I have not taken any meds (suggested Rebif) as I'm too scared of taking something so powerful w/unknown long-term effects and with only a 30-40% efficacy.
Any thoughts, prayers, whatever, welcomed. Just very down. I had weeks of same-side weaknesses. That has mostly gone away, but now, I have that MS fatigue.

Venting. Thanks for reading.
Welcome to ThisIsMS, AdiosMS. We are here to listen, even when a person wants to vent – we have all done our share of venting.

Although I have tried three disease-modifying drugs (Betaseron, Avonex, Copaxone) in the past but had no change of symptoms, I now use NO MS-approved medication and I share your opinion of them completely. Until this disease is understood and the cause is known, I do not believe an EFFECTIVE treatment will be developed.

You have our thoughts and prayers; you have found a new group of supportive friends; if you ask, we will share our opinions.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Not sure what your diet consist of but no matter what the disease diet is the key to healing. Check out the diet section and choose a healthy diet. Once you find the right diet the disease goes away. A video on how Dr. Bergman feels you should address autoimmune disease.

Return to “Introductions”