New to Forum

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Kpgal

New to Forum

Post by Kpgal »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Diagnosed in 1998. On Copaxone since 2000. Just started Wahls Protocol. I'm noticing a lot of changes but none feel good.

Anyone out there notice physical discomfort at the beginning of the Wahls Protocol. Maybe a detox thing?

Thx.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: New to Forum

Post by ElliotB »

Welcome to TIMS. What kind of discomfort are you experiencing? Also, are you eating grass fed meats of organic?

What made you decide to follow the Wahls Protocol?

Can you detail your progress with Copaxone over the years?
Kpgal

Re: New to Forum

Post by Kpgal »

As far as the MS discomfort, my current level of discomfort has changed in the past few years. The biggest lesion is in my spinal cord, and affects my left side. I have significant gait issues, drop foot on my left side, very limited use of my left arm and hand. Unfortunately these limitations have increased in the past couple of years. You may know how it is -- one little thing here, one little thing there and then all those little things have added up. Fatigue can be debilitating and "brain fog" is also more present.

Copaxone definitely stopped any progression for a while, but it seems like now things are slowly starting again -- not specific "exacerbations/episodes" but an overall decline. I'd like to think it's just getting older, but it certainly isn't happening at the same rate of decline for others around me who are my age.

Interested in Wahls because I'm ready to try something that may make my quality of life -- with respect to my physical body's experience of it -- better. I eat 100% grass-fed meat.

As far as the discomfort I'm experiencing with the first week of the Wahls diet, I'm having migraines, fatigue and a lot of brain fog. Also, hot flashes have increased in intensity and frequency.