MS and TM

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Kimi58

MS and TM

Post by Kimi58 »

Hi. My name is Kim I'm 58 from Florida and I've had MS since I was 32. 1 month ago a was rushed to hospital with Ms hug and total numbness and tingling on right side. No feeling in bladder or bowel and burning on left thigh and severe lower back pain. Like MS wasn't bad enough. Upon mri dr found TM in cervical spine. Now my ms was always in my brain but now it had developed in spine as well. Not feeling positive lately. Let's talk. Anyone out there relating to TM and ms ?
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: MS and TM

Post by lyndacarol »

Kimi58 wrote:Hi. My name is Kim I'm 58 from Florida and I've had MS since I was 32. 1 month ago a was rushed to hospital with Ms hug and total numbness and tingling on right side. No feeling in bladder or bowel and burning on left thigh and severe lower back pain. Like MS wasn't bad enough. Upon mri dr found TM in cervical spine. Now my ms was always in my brain but now it had developed in spine as well. Not feeling positive lately. Let's talk. Anyone out there relating to TM and ms ?
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Kimi58.

You were diagnosed with MS at age 32. As you know, not every symptom that appears after that diagnosis is necessarily related to MS. You may have developed another condition in addition to MS.

The symptoms that you describe now (numbness/tingling/burning sensation, bladder/bowel issues) may stem from a nutrient deficiency. Has a doctor ordered a vitamin D test (the "25-hydroxy D test")? Even people who live in Florida can be low in vitamin D: Modern-day people are working indoors, using sunscreen liberally, and avoiding the sun.

If you have had the vitamin D3 test, what are your actual number results? Current research by the GrassrootsHealth organization in California (http://grassrootshealth.net/) recommends maintaining a range of vitamin D from 40 to 60 ng/mL. Some neurologists have recommended a range near 100 ng/mL (80-100 ng) for MS patients.

Vitamin B12 deficiency or insufficiency can develop at any age and can also cause neurological problems. Have you been screened for a B12 deficiency?The reference ranges set by US labs for "normal" are considered by many to be too low. In Japan, any B12 level lower than 500 pg/mL is considered a deficiency and is treated.

Chalk it up to possible brain fog… I am not familiar with the term "TM in cervical spine." Please explain.

Return to “Introductions”