New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Janice
Getting to Know You...

Post by Janice »

Hi, my name is Janice, I'm 53, and I was diagnosed two years ago with MS. My feet are numb and I'm a little less steady on my feet. I actually had my first bout when I was 29, but without MRIs, it was diagnosed as a virus. Had a few symptoms looking back, but didn't have anything major until 2 years ago when my sister died of MS. (she had emotional problems and refused to see a doctor) I've been taking Avonex since the diagnosis, and my doc wants me to try Rebif.
Anyone have the experience changing from these meds?
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

Welcome Janice! I hope you enjoy your time in our community.

If you don't mind me asking, how exactly did your sister "die" of MS? I ask because we often see such statements in news stories, etc. but people generally do not die of this disease, but rather complications from it. It's an interesting topic.

Welcome again and I trust you'll get good answers to your question.

Best,
-arron
crispy
Family Member

Post by crispy »

Hi Janice, :D

Welcome to the group, You've probably already found much of the information on this site, but it grows all the time and there is always someone around to ask, when you have a question.

I can't help with your drug query I'm afraid, as I've never been offered any, but I'm sure others will have an answer.

Have a good weekend, all the best,
Chris P
mscaregiver
Volunteer Moderator

Post by mscaregiver »

Hi Janice and welcome, nice to meet you, lots of information on this wonderful forum and as already stated, someone is usually around to repsond to any questions of concerns..

Take care, Philip

Return to “Introductions”