hello and thanks for all the info and support

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
WordGirl

hello and thanks for all the info and support

Post by WordGirl »

hi. I have been visiting (lurking, researching, exploring) this site since last summer in support of a v. dear friend who finds it all too much to absorb, think about, handle on her own. You have a fantastic site and group of people here and the stories and information you share has been incredibly helpful to both my friend and myself.

Right now I am researching what some options are as her RRMS shifts into SPMS. She has been on Rebiff for a number of years, baclofin (sp?) and a few supplements (vit d) but not much else. Her neurologist is going to take her off the Rebiff and I/she/we are overwhelmed by all the things that people seem to be into -- there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the route to take for SPMS. Waiting to hear the neuro's specific plans next week, until then researching as much as possible in order to be prepared.

I wanted to take a moment in the middle of all this reading to say hello and to say thank you.

wg
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hey Word Girl-
Welcome. Your friend is really lucky to have you. The support team is so important to MSers...it IS an overwhelming disease. No one really knows what causes it or how to heal it. Many, many theories. Everyone's disease is different.

I'm also on the wet coast, (it's been hailing!) and very verbose. Keeping my husband (dx 3/07) healthy, I've learned so much on this site. Nutrition, attitude, exercise can all make a huge difference. Help your friend to feel more empowered, and less out of control. Support her decisions, keep her focused on the now, laughter, and what she can do for herself.

all the best,
AC
WordGirl

Post by WordGirl »

thanks cheerleader (great handle btw).

Your husband is lucky to have you, too.

Not only are the diseases different, but people take such different attitudes--some want lots of information and alternative approaches and to evaluate what makes sense to them (many on this website!) and others just want to do what their doctor tells them (my friend until this summer.) So it has been a learning curve even though she was diagnosed in the late 80s.

thanks again for your supportive note.

wg
there are no answers -- only cross references.