New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Postby Jynepher » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:59 am

Hi! I am Jyn.

I found this site last night after searching for troubleshooting tips on my Rebif auto-injector (I posted my issue under the Rebif subject) and I have enjoyed reading the many posts and articles.

I was diagnosed 3 years ago when I was 29 years old. Mostly my vision has been affected: Optic Neuritis, Double Vision, Vertigo. Otherwise, this disease has definitely played havoc with my cognitive abilities. Have you heard of spoonerisms? Well the disease has made me a natural at it. And I must admit I was relieved to know after my diagnosis, that I wasn't getting stupider, but there was a medical reason for the loss of memory and crazy words coming out of my mouth.

I look forward to participating and getting to know other members.
Jynepher

Advertisement

Postby viper498 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Welcome to this great forum. i've been here for a few years now and its the best so far. The people here are great, and full of excellent up-to-date information.

Brock
viper498
Family Elder

Postby GeoGuy » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi Jyn. This is Jack again. I just responed to your post in the Rebif forum. I think you will enjoy this place, lots of information, good humor, and a world-wide support system.

Welcome aboard.

Jack.
RRMS since 01/07.
GeoGuy
Family Elder

Postby breeze » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:50 am

Hi, Jyn - I am new here, too. Do I ever have crazy words come out of me. Sometimes I know it, sometimes I don't. My neuro-psych eval showed I have mild cognitive impairment. As the neuro explained..the test's mild and my mild are two different things. I even see things differently than they are, so I am not allowed to drive at this time. I have faulty thought processing. I don't understand situations.
Anyway, look forward to enjoying this site. Breeze
breeze

Postby Jynepher » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:02 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

So far I have enjoyed this site and the forum. I feel very lonely with this disease and its nice to have people that understand what I'm going through.
Jynepher

Postby Loobie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:22 am

Welcome Jyn,

I hope you find answers to all your questions here! There is not a better community of helpful people who are all going through the same thing. The more you use the site, the more you'll feel comfortable about asking anything. Welcome!
Loobie
Family Elder

Return to Introductions