Cool Site New Guy

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Nosada

Cool Site New Guy

Post by Nosada »

Hi im 17 i have had MS for a year now and of course getting it when your in high school sucks. Bye Bye soccer and drama (with MS i shake and get really stiff responding to my nervousness, no matter how small it is)

It's kinda funny i effectively hid it by pretending to be a clumsy idiot :wink: my junior year until 2 weeks ago (senior now) after an attack my writing hand shakes when I write and even now typing it shakes....sigh I'm glad that I found this site

I am curious to know if there is anyway to calm my mind? yea I know it sounds funny but my hand goes berserk during quizzes and tests and I have to hold it with other hand.

*FOR PARENTS WITH KIDS WHO HAVE MS*

This is for parents who have kids diagnosed with MS, they may want to do things on their own no matter how much or little they struggle, let them. They need to learn their own limitations. When I was a junior i tried to play football, game among friends two hand touch, after school. I fell three times while running obviously I was pissed, I left angry, went to bed sad but awoke with insight 8) I cant do certain things anymore.

Hey to everyone :P
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

Hi Nosada,
I don't have the answer for your shaking hands, but maybe someone else here will.
I was diagnosed at 45, an "old" lady already, well, at least in comparison to your 17.
Funny thing, though, even at 45, I wanted to do everything myself. Help made me very uncomfortable, and then like you, I realized my limitations. Good thing, though, lots of the limitations I had, I don't have right now. They may come back, but for now I get a reprieve.
I hate to hear that you have this at 17. I cannot imagine the difference it must make in your high school years. You sound like you are handling it well, though.
So since you are not playing soccer or in drama anymore, what are you doing for fun and to stay busy?
Welcome to you. You will find friends and encouragement here.
Terry
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hey nosada u found the best ms site there is! welcome!!!
i'm into the nutrition side of things... maybe you can eat or supplement something to help with the shaking?
what do you mean by calm your mind? just the shaking, or something else? you make me think of magnesium right away, the product some use here is even called "natural calm"
again, welcome to the site.. open arms :) :)
Nosada

Post by Nosada »

Terry, Im in Spanish, and Movie Club, Science Olympiad and Student Government. Im a busy worker bee

Jimmylegs, I take a multivitamin, and fish oil
my diet is rather fishy XD but are there any fruits that are really good for MS? Junk food is nonexistent in my house since diagnose.. WAHHHH :)

O yea I mean my hand
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hey there, i like you worker bee!
fruits are all good, for many reasons. eat em ups! grape juice too. and cranberry.
so i'm thinking, if you tell me what you typically eat, maybe i can pick up some intake deficiency.. i just suggested that to bewitched also. a diet diary consisting of 4 week days and two weekend days over a 2-week period might show up some issues that you can remedy :)
fish is great for ya. good for you!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Cool Site New Guy

Post by CureOrBust »

Nosada wrote:I am curious to know if there is anyway to calm my mind? yea I know it sounds funny but my hand goes berserk during quizzes and tests and I have to hold it with other hand.
I used to experience the same sort of thing, with me it was virtually my whole body. It passed/healed.

Welcome.
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

I have had a tremor in my left right hand since high school. In retrospect, it was probably the beginning of MS. I have used propranolol off and on since then (brand name Inderal) and that helps my tremor tremendously. It is prescription so ask your doctor about it.
Loti
Nosada

Post by Nosada »

Thank You Guys

Return to “Introductions”