Arkansans new on site.

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Arkansans new on site.

Postby OlDood » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:12 am

My wife has MS but she is a Luddite so I handle the computer stuff. We recently (3 yrs) moved from Las Vegas to 15 acres in very rural northern Arkansas. Best move we've ever made.
If you look under the Betaseron forum, you'll find some more specific information about the Betaseron we have available as Pamela had to quit that option just as she had received 3 brand new boxes each containing 15 single use packs. We don't feel right in discarding them but we've been stumped trying to donate them to somebody who can use them. The foundation obviously can't accept them for redistribution nor can they refer a patient to us. No doctor can do that either, as this country has become so litigious. We contacted someone through the MS Society here in Arkansas but we received no reply.
Anyhow, she's now on the Tysabri infusion (she's had 5) and we are going to be combing through the information within that group in that forum.

krk
OlDood

Advertisement

Postby Lyon » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Last edited by Lyon on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

3 months Betaseron Available

Postby OlDood » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:12 am

Hi, Bob, thanks for your reply. Pam's neuro won't help. I'm sure he's just scared of litigation & I can't blame him. It's sad that we can't even give this stuff away. I've written or contacted a number of MS support groups around here and down in Little Rock (our closest "big city") and no one has responded with even an acknowledgement.
I guess we'll have to destroy it all & turn in the sharps.
krk
OlDood

Postby Loobie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:07 pm

I had 4 extra Avonex shots, but was lucky to have a professional acquaintance who took it off my hands for what I paid for it. Have your tried Serono?
Loobie
Family Elder

Postby catfreak » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:04 pm

My neuro also said that there we plenty of uninsured people that needed the meds and I could just bring my unopened/unused meds and they would find patients to give my rebif to.

CF
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
catfreak
Family Elder

Return to Introductions