introduction HELLO!!

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
aumea1207

introduction HELLO!!

Post by aumea1207 »

I am a new member. 45 y.o. female, diagnosed in 1990 with RRMS. was on Betaseron shots for 18 yrs. Felt great, then became resistant, put on Tysabri for 1 yr was resistant to it, now I am on Methotrexate. Since I went off the Betaseron now when I have an exacerbation and do a 3 day course of steroids I don't come back to baseline like I did when on I was on it. My Dr. said its the normal progression of MS. I still kind of refuse to believe that's the case, but it is what it is. But I know there is something out there. I would love to do the stem cell treatment. But I can't afford it. I am currently looking into enrolling in studies, but there is no guarantee I would get it & not the placebo, I will be patient. Recently the fatigue has been killing me. So I am dealing with that right now. I'll be talkin' to you all more. Please share any information with me you can. aumea1207
westwood
Getting to Know You...

Post by westwood »

Hello :) Just joined myself, I too feel there is something out there. I did speak to MS Nurse re trials and they are doing one at the minute but no spaces. Everyone must want to do them.

I wont give up hope, my family tell me they will find a cure one day.

I have stopped smoking pop Vitamins and try to eat better. All this in the last month and now I am totally struggling to walk. I am hoping iit is temporary. Nurse said I can have steroids too which really lift me but Im not sure whether I now have a back problem to boot.

Welcome and hope things improve very soon for you.
aumea1207

Post by aumea1207 »

Yea everybody wants to participate in studies. I am soooo glad I found this site its very informative it helps to talk to other MSers and get ideas on this to try. I found it after I watched the Oprah show with Montel. I was just doing my own new research and stumbled upon it. Yea steroids should do you well with walking always has done me well. It is just too bad you/we MSers cannot stay on the steroids all the time. I understand because of the side affects. I love the energy it gives, although its false energy. I just recently started trying to eat better. In that area I have been my own worst enemy. Lots of junk food & pop, barely eating a balanced meal 3 times a day, no exercise. I am slowly but surely changing that. With that said, one day a couple of weeks ago I went with coworkers to an exercise class offered at work on my lunch hour called cardio fusion. I did what I could, but not what I thought was alot, but constant moving and some weights. The next day I was full of energy and no problems at all walking. It was great to have one day of normalcy. I will go whenever it is offered. Also started doing yoga class 2 times a week. I have also read in some posts from some MSers how much the gluten free diet has helped them. I have a coworker that swears by it for his ciliac disease. Going to try it. I just need something to make me energy and make move. Good luck to you.

Return to “Introductions”