Running out of options - could use some advice!

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

hey there good to see the b-complex, vit e and the fish oil in the mix.
add some magnesium and zinc and a multimineral and you should be on a pretty good track!

you mentioned extra vit d earlier, is that from the multi and the fish oil? do you know how many IUs you are getting per day?

so this itching: how much folic acid are you taking in daily from all sources including your multivit, b-complex and the other folic acid you mentioned (was it mixed with the grape seed extract)?
lmacalus
Family Member

Post by lmacalus »

taking the calcium w/ vit D - 500's 1 pill 2X a day.
Will check on the other number's fr the "mix" - I seperate into daily cups so I've gota get back to the actual labeling :0)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

okey dokey, i'll be interested to see the total
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

lma, how bout that folic? how's your itching?
lmacalus
Family Member

Post by lmacalus »

Actually when I went thru everything I was taking, the multi vit was also a multi min & I pretty much covered off on everything y'all had mentioned. Itching has subsided too - may have just been weather related... it's very dry here and anytime the winds kick up it's worse... Just had my CBC re-run - any sing of anemia is now gone - VERY cool, blood counts are abck to normal and everything else seemed to be in range again. I think I've arrived at the decision to start up on Copaxone again... when Avonex was put bak on the table under the catagory of "It didn't work as well as it should of but you were still working in a high-stress job F/T and 75% travel so there is the chance that now you are on full disability and it could work better for you" I raelized it was the same for my yrs on Copaxone which was also MUCH easier for me to inject & tolerate. Also had my MRI rerun a couple of wks ago. Meeting with MD in a few more weeks to review all but vs previous films it did not look terrible to my very untrained eye! I'll be far more interested in the report once i can see it though!
Other than a CBC wor-up is there other testing I should have to look at vit & mineral stores, etc?
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

sounds like everything is on the up and up L - that's great :D
as for
other testing I should have to look at vit & mineral stores, etc?
yep, i have posted some information on that in my regimen thread:
http://www.thisisms.com/ftopicp-56317.html#56317

and here are the basics:

b12
11/30/07.........542
4/17/09............430 -needs a boost...
'normal': 198 - 615
target: >=500
units: pmol/L

d3 (25hydroxy)
11/30/07.........74.4
4/17/09............TBD
'normal': 22.5 - 94.3
target: >=100
units: nmol/L

zinc
11/30/07.........8.6
4/17/09............TBD (has been 20+ since 11/30)
'normal': 11.5 - 18.5
target: ~18.2
units: umol/L

Uric acid
11/30/07.........194 (188-194 for years b4 that)
4/17/09............255 -IMPROVED!!! (thanks to fixing the low zinc)
'normal': 140 - 360
target: ~300
units: nmol/L
FYI: drinking caffeine before a UA test can make the results look higher than they really are

fe
11/30/07.........82
4/17/09............91 -improved
'normal': 10 - 291
target: TBD
units: ug/L

mg
11/30/07.........0.88
4/17/09............0.94 -improved
'normal': .7 - 1.0
target: >0.9
units: mmol/L

cu
11/30/07.........N/A
4/17/09............TBD
'normal':
target: TBD
units:

all the research to back up these targets is posted here and there on TIMS but if you want to read the abstracts let me know :)
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Jlegs,
Where are you getting all your "levels" done? I have a wonderful Naturopath that I'm sure could do it, but to keep on top of it seems like it would require at least weekly visits. As a side note, being our resident natural healer, what do you know of Enzyme Therapy. I am intrigued and already take some things from my Naturopath that have some enzyme/s in it. "Vital Nutrients" from BCQ. Boswellia x-tract, Bromelain, Curcuma, Quercetin.
Be Well,
Lars