false negatives?

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
tara97
Family Elder

false negatives?

Post by tara97 »

hi I have not been diagnosed I had an mri 6 years ago at the age of 29 and there were multiple lesions but when they used the contrast ( gadolidian) it did not look like MS nor did the lumbarpunctur or the vep. my symptoms during that bout were; weakness, numbness, pain and cramps behind the eyes, burning cramping pain in the muscles and a horrible pain in the neck and back all these would worsen when steping out into the vegas heat. when the bout cleared up I was still left with very small bouts of pain and weakness more resembling fibromyalgia with the flu like pain on the skin, joints and muscles. now I am on my 8th bout of vertigo bppv in two years, the other symptoms are starting to come back but now I have a pain behind my ears. the referal system was such a discouraging process that I discontinued the pursuit of any diagnosis when the everything cleared up. Is it possible to have all those test come up negative and still have ms.
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

Tara,

I think it is possible. Just my opinion. I was probable MS for 5 years. Had some leisons on my MRI and normal LP and VEP. It took 5 years of slow progression to get the diagnosis.

I would push for a referral.

Cat
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
tara97
Family Elder

Post by tara97 »

thank you I am currently doing so. At this point I almost want a confirmed diagnosis of anything. because I had GBS 7 years ago I am also looking at CIDP. I know my strength is deteriorating anyway. I just want to be vindicated. I dont think anyone believes me anymore so I keep my complaints about the way I feel to myself and try to go about my business like nothing is wrong. I am sure anyone who ahs spent time with an undiagnosed nervous disease can sympathize.

Return to “Introductions”