Hi I have MS and so does my Neuro

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

Hi I have MS and so does my Neuro

Postby LindaNY » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:55 am

Hi my name is Linda, I have had MS for 3 years and I will be starting Tysabri. I am currently on Rebif but I just went to my neuro and he said I can stop the Rebif a couple of weeks before Tysabri. I can't beleive I don't have to get the injections anymore. I am a nurse but I can't give the injection to myself so my husband does it. I can give them but I can't receive them, LOL. I have 3 small boys one is a baby. They are wonderful. This Tysabri is really wonderful and I asked my Neuro who also has MS about the infection with it. He said you are still are protected because the molecule that attaches on to the T-cells (immune cells) doesn't attach to all of them so you are still protected againest infection. Though I would share.

Love and God bless
Linda
LindaNY
Getting to Know You...

Advertisement

Postby MOMTO3 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:33 pm

HELLO LINDA,

IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING, I SEE YOUR NAME SAYS NY AND WAS WONDERING WHERE IN NY AND WHO IS YOUR NEURO, ASI AM ALSO IN NY AND CURRENTLY NEED TO FIND A NEW ASAP AND A RECENTLY HAD TO CHANGE MY INSURANCE AND WHO I WAS SEEING DOES NOT ACCEPT MY NEW INSURANCE. THANKS
MOMTO3
Family Member

Postby LindaNY » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:14 pm

Hi Momto3, I am in Brooklyn. Also look under Tysabri post, there is a video on my neuro. His name is Dr Vincent Macaluso. Good Luck and God bless.

Linda
LindaNY
Getting to Know You...

Postby Arron » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:11 pm

Linda, a belated welcome to the site. It is always a gift to have members of the medical community with us.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Postby LindaNY » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 pm

Hi Aaron, Glad to be here. This forum is very informative. Thank you

God bless
Linda
LindaNY
Getting to Know You...

Another New Yorker

Postby ms_gkygrl » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:31 pm

Hi,

I'm a New Yorker as well but am Upstate. I see Dr. Neil Lava in Albany. He is excellent!

Anyone from Upstate?

- Diana

P.S - I heard Dr. Macaluso speak at a seminar -- AWESOME! :D
Diana de Avila
http://www.aworldwithoutms.com
http://www.tolerance4all.org
"we can make a difference ..."
ms_gkygrl

Postby Outlawbiker » Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:46 pm

I'm Gilbert and a former Health Tech with the Veterans Administration. I'm in upstate NY as well. Father of two (boy and a girl). Have been officially retired since 2001. I was Dx'd Oct, 2000

Thanks to MS, I decided it'd be safer to retire. The things I'd forget were starting to scare me. Now I just drive the ol' lady crazy forgettin' stuff around the house. Nothing life threatening.

I'm "in between" neurologist's as the VA Medical Center in Syracuse is FINALLY providing an MS specific Neurologist for Vets like me.

We'll see where this leads.
Outlawbiker
Family Member

Postby Arron » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Hi Diana, welcome to the site.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Return to Introductions