Welcome to ThisIsMS

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: Welcome to ThisIsMS

Post by lyndacarol »

nurse2010 wrote:Hello I just needed a place for some support. I was diagnosed with MS in august 2013 with le hermittes and some carpal like symptoms that did not reside. I am nervous about what this means for my future. I am a Rn and i have one beautiful daughter who is 7 years old. I have had in the past bowel and bladder issues as well as fatigue which i chalked up to having a baby and working two jobs while in a nursing bridge program. I am worried def about the future and in the past had accepted this diagnosis however recently I have begun to dwell on this again and am feeling hopeless already comtemplating chemo and stem cell treatment and looking into CCSVI. I want to work and get married and have more children and I dont know how this will affect my future. I no i should be living for the day today and have been taking care of myself eating better supplements and DMD.

I have never had a severe relapse as of yet and wasnt hospitalized at diagnosis. Just need some support thanks for listening.
Welcome to ThisIsMS, nurse2010.

We are so glad you found us; we are always here to listen and offer our support. We are happy to share our opinions and our experiences, when asked. You have a very recent diagnosis of MS – your feelings right now are completely normal. You have accomplished so much already; you are an RN, you have a beautiful daughter, you must be a very capable person. You will manage this difficulty with strength and intelligence as well.
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
kaaaska28

Post by kaaaska28 »

Hello!
I'm student of physiotherapy in Rzeszów University. I'm writing my master's thesis about fatigue and its association with sleep disorders, depressive symptoms and anxiety in patients with multiple sclerosis. I would like to ask You to complete the short questionnaire. Of course the questionnaire is completely anonymous and the results will be used solely for scientific purposes. I will be relly grateful for your help!

Ps. I'm really sorry for spaming, but I'm abroad now, and I don't have any other option.

Here is the link.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bcaBqB ... Y/viewform
Keleia

Post by Keleia »

Hello, new here on the boards. Diagnosed with RRMS in October 2011. Looking into Tysabri. Need major advice!! I welcome any and all comments.
“Success is never final and failure is never fatal. It’s courage that counts.”

~Jules Ellinger~
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

Welcome to ThisIsMS, Keleia.

You will find LOTS to read in the Board Index forum titled "Tysabri." http://www.thisisms.com/forum/tysabri-a ... zumab-f11/
My hypothesis: excess insulin (hyperinsulinemia) plays a major role in MS, as developed in my initial post: http://www.thisisms.com/forum/general-discussion-f1/topic1878.html "Insulin – Could This Be the Key?"
redeye1978

Post by redeye1978 »

Hello, new to this site.
Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.
redeye1978

Post by redeye1978 »

Where do I find the best kind of insurance to have for MS? I have not been diagnosed by the doctor yet.
fowiesy02

Post by fowiesy02 »

Hi. my name is Faro owiesy, m.d, practicing family medicine in Corona,CA. In the path of research for Migraine headaches and craniofacial neuralgia for the past 15 years I learned the pathophysiology of the sympathetic and parasympatheic nerve system. Now I treat Migraine headaches -neuralgia with one session treatment with long term resolution. I had few patients with MS. To my knowledge CCSVI associated with MS or not associated with MS is a diesease of the autonomous nerve system with its Ganglia. Autonoumous nerve , sympathetic and parasympatehtic nerves acting from outside of the vessel maily from ADVENTIA not from INTIMA layer of the vessels. Their nervefibers never act and reach the Intima layer.Therefor Baloon Vasodilation -Venoplasty- in 80%-90% is not successful. Because the strangulation(stenosis) acts from outside the vessel not from inside. Peripheral nervefibers of the autonomous nerve system reach the Internal Jugular Vein through vasa nervorum. These nerve fiberes reach the adventia and muscularis layer not intima in arteries or veins. The effect of sympathetic and parsympathetic nerves are not permanent . they are under many factorial influences.Therefore we experience relapsing and remiting of the IJV stenosis and aggravation of MS(CCSVI) condition. Like Migraine headaches . They are not permanently present. Remitting and relapsing is a character of the autonomous nerve system.
Within the past 16 months I performed a trial approach into the Internal Jugular Vein. Sofar I am experiencing interesting results. Two patients did have Venodilation and flow eversince. Their symptoms improved significantely. The thir patient just a week ago underwent the trial procedure. We will post the trial procedure and the results by end of the year 2014. This entery is only simple introduction into the MS and CCSVI news. Any question or discussion happy to attend.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

fowiesy02 wrote:Hi. my name is Faro owiesy, m.d, practicing family medicine in Corona,CA. In the path of research for Migraine headaches and craniofacial neuralgia for the past 15 years I learned the pathophysiology of the sympathetic and parasympatheic nerve system. Now I treat Migraine headaches -neuralgia with one session treatment with long term resolution. I had few patients with MS. To my knowledge CCSVI associated with MS or not associated with MS is a diesease of the autonomous nerve system with its Ganglia. Autonoumous nerve , sympathetic and parasympatehtic nerves acting from outside of the vessel mainly from ADVENTIA not from INTIMA layer of the vessels. Their nervefibers never act and reach the Intima layer.Therefor Baloon Vasodilation -Venoplasty- in 80%-90% is not successful. Because the strangulation(stenosis) acts from outside the vessel not from inside. Peripheral nervefibers of the autonomous nerve system reach the Internal Jugular Vein through vasa nervorum. These nerve fiberes reach the adventia and muscularis layer not intima in arteries or veins. The effect of sympathetic and parsympathetic nerves are not permanent . they are under many factorial influences.Therefore we experience relapsing and remiting of the IJV stenosis and aggravation of MS(CCSVI) condition. Like Migraine headaches . They are not permanently present. Remitting and relapsing is a character of the autonomous nerve system.
Within the past 16 months I performed a trial approach into the Internal Jugular Vein. Sofar I am experiencing interesting results. Two patients did have Venodilation and flow eversince. Their symptoms improved significantely. The thir patient just a week ago underwent the trial procedure. We will post the trial procedure and the results by end of the year 2014. This entery is only simple introduction into the MS and CCSVI news. Any question or discussion happy to attend.
Welcome to ThisIsMS, Dr. Owiesy.

Most of us do not have a medical background. Thank you for all the information (especially on the autonomic nervous system) you have put already in your first post. You can be a valuable asset to our discussions here.
shars

Post by shars »

First time writing..was dx 2002 RRMS. Tried Avonex for 2 years had terrible flu symptoms that never went away. Stopped all meds until I had to admit to myself that my legs were becoming weaker and unsteady. This year 2014 Tried Copaxon for 4 months had ALL possible side affects but stopped after getting lipoatrophy. I am currently on LDN (6 weeks) had no side affects and even wore heels for the first time in years and was able to walk and even go down a flight of stairs! Fingers crossed that something good might be happening! My neurologist keeps stressing to me how I need to go onto a modifying drug before one of my "silent" lesions sends me into a relapse that I don't recover from or I shift into PPMS. The reason I am writing today is that I am having trouble understanding how there is a set dosage for the medications that don't seem to take into account a person's weight. I am female and 110lbs - how can I possibly be prescribed the same dose of medication as a male who is 200lbs? I honestly think that I would have done better on the Copaxon if the dose was matched to my weight. I am now researching Tecfidera as a treatment option but once again am concerned because the standard full dose cannot possibly be a one size fits all. Does any one else out there have the same concern? Have you reached out to the drug companies regarding this and if so what was their response?
MSKarena

Post by MSKarena »

Found this site today :lol: Dx in 2009 although they did the original work up in '05 but did want to tag me with that stigma...whatever guess it was better to think I was cray-cray! Glad to have found the site. Hoping to find some answers on my new drug Tysabri and the fact that I will be getting it in India as I am traveling over there for 6months, home for a month and back for another 6. Any suggestions on infusion sites are appreciated I will be in Mumbai.

Blessings to all,
Karena
CaptainSparrow

Post by CaptainSparrow »

Hello from the Canada prairie! I haven't been diagnosed yet, but whatever has been plaguing me off and on for the past 25 years is doing a darned good imitation of MS, so I hope no one minds if I hang out here for support. I see there's another topic for the undiagnosed, so I'll post the details of my condition there. I work in a university library, been on disability leave for a few months but heading back to work in a couple of days. I've just put my house up for sale because I can't manage the upkeep anymore. Looking forward to my first condo...or rat hole apartment, depending on how much I get for my house, lol! I call myself Captain Sparrow because one minute I'll be getting around just fine and the next I'm walking and talking like Johnny Depp from Pirates of the Caribbean.
ladykatie83

Post by ladykatie83 »

Hello everyone! I am just going to put it out there! I was diagnosed with Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis a week ago :sad:

I feel too young to have these problems, that will be lifelong, and no medicine able to stop the progression.
Fayruz
Family Member

Post by Fayruz »

Welcome all :)

ladykatie I know...this is a big news and can be very overwhelming at first, take your time to "digest" it and take care of yourself :)
MyLife

Post by MyLife »

Hi I am new to this and newly diagnosed with MS. My brother suggested I try finding a support group on this website. I'm realizing that to make my life easier and more manageable living with MS I am going to need support and help! I hope to find the support I need here because as of now I am truly lost!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Post by lyndacarol »

MyLife wrote:Hi I am new to this and newly diagnosed with MS. My brother suggested I try finding a support group on this website. I'm realizing that to make my life easier and more manageable living with MS I am going to need support and help! I hope to find the support I need here because as of now I am truly lost!
Welcome to ThisIsMS, MyLife.

We are willing to share our experiences and our opinions. In general, we are supportive of each other and try to find answers for our many questions about MS. Look around the site – we have many different forum topics. We are glad you found us.