New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Hello all;

I'd like to introduce myself: Algis; 47yo Caucasian male originally from Belgium; living in Asia (now Taiwan) since 1988.

I was diagnosed with SPMS in 1998 and was able to keep my projects going until 2002; when I had a major relapse and had to retire completely from active life.

I am currently in an electric wheelchair; both my legs and right arm are disabled.

I currently am under LDN and arguably it helped me a lot. I did not get more relapse since starting it in early 2008. I am getting it from parallel channel since many drugs aren't available here in Taiwan.
My Neurologist keep me on Methotrexate and steroids.

I know this site since a while; but never bothered to give an opinion nor to register - Probably part laziness and part of shyness.

Also the 'Erika's story' and the prospect of something moving (CCSVI) decided me. I guess I will not disarm until I get an evaluation of possible venous flow insufficiency / anomaly.

Cheers to all; be well :)

Algis
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

welcome to TIMS algis :)
CRHInv
Family Elder

Post by CRHInv »

Welcome Algis!

I am so glad you decided to jump in! Erika, isn't she inspiring? She is truly amazing. I hope you visit the CCSVI portion of the site. I can't think of anyone else from your part of the world there, but I one of those really smart people over there will come up with some ideas. This is such a great place for support.

I'm glad you are here!
Beth
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Thank you Beth and Jimmy :D

Return to “Introductions”