hi people, from Charleston

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here

hi people, from Charleston

Postby Austin018 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:48 am

Hey everyone! I came across this site the other day and decided to give this a try. I am 29 years old, male and I bounce between Boston and Charleston, SC winters and summers, but I am native to Boston.
I seeked out a forum like this because I have recently been diagnosed (2 mos. ago), but I have been having symptoms for over 3 years now; my journey through the healthcare system insofar has been a virtual horror show, and I know it has only just begun.

I have read many of the posts in various sections here, and this does seem like a very friendly, supportive group of people. I am only starting to really know what MS is really about; I am hoping I can get some guidance, information, support, etc. from all of this here. So, anyway I will keep this short, so say hi! ;)
Austin018

Postby LR1234 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:34 am

Last edited by LR1234 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby CRHInv » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:00 am

Hey Austin,

I am also pretty new to MS. I have found this site to be extremely helpful. Lots of smart people, lots of ideas and lots of support. Keep reading, (there is soooo much here!) and I hope you also find what you need.

Take care!
dx 4/09 * Stanford appointment 11/09/09 * One stent left, low jugular 11/10/09!<br />One year from treatment, I have my life back.  Placebo schmebo.
CRHInv
Family Elder

Postby LoveActually » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Welcome Austin,

I too, am sorry that your 'story' has brought you here. Like others have mentioned, this place is full of information so you should be busy for a while. I was also recently diagnosed and am just starting to get a handle on everything. For me, things are pretty easy right now, I'm just afraid of what the future holds. Eekk!!'

Anyway, welcome to TIMS and I wish you the best.
October 29, 2009 - Dx with RRMS
June 22, 2010 - Dx's changed to Devic's (NMO)
January 4, 2011 - Dx w/Syringomyelia T4-T9, Migraines, and Possible MS (again - long story)
LoveActually
Family Elder

Return to Introductions