Hello from Houston

New members should feel free to introduce themselves here
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Hello from Houston

Post by AlmostClever »

Time to introduce myself!

I am 38 (male) living in Houston with wife and kiddo (5). I was dx'd shortly after my son's birth after noticing some tingling feet issues.

Upon diagnosis, I immediately started on Rebif, to which I developed antibodies and then switched to Copaxone. The docs never put a label on my MS although it's definately progressive. Recently, I asked my nuero for LDN and she prescribed it so we'll see.... I've added many other items to my daily pill cocktail since joining here. (Among other things - I got a weird look from the maid when she saw my bed up in the air! Those college texts were actually worth something after all!)

Symptoms progressed rapidly for me (I call 5 years fast). At first, I had no visible symptoms (gait was fine) to a wheelchair today. I can still walk short distances with a cane. I am self-employed and can operate from home mostly, so work has been only mildly affected. I also have ON in my right eye.

MS has mostly changed my daily and social life. No more little trips to the store or working on home projects. I mostly sit in my chair and stare at the dog! How boring!

My nuero is pushing me to try Rituxin right now and I (like everyone else here) just want to see the Buffalo study results before I make a decision. Hopefully, it will be much clearer and I'll be flying somewhere to get tested!

This forum is incredible and I feel lucky to have run across it! Many thanks to the mods and especially Cheer - without you guys, pwMS would be utterly depressed. You've given us all hope for the future!
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
LoveActually
Family Elder

Post by LoveActually »

Welcome to TIMS! Originally from Houston but currently living in California. Don't necessarily miss it but I wouldn't mind seeing my family again, only for a few days at a time though. :)

Wish you well.

P.S. Sounds like you need a more exciting dog. :wink:
October 29, 2009 - Dx with RRMS
June 22, 2010 - Dx's changed to Devic's (NMO)
January 4, 2011 - Dx w/Syringomyelia T4-T9, Migraines, and Possible MS (again - long story)
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

Thanks!

Don't blame ya for moving!

I have added my dog Boogerz as my avatar so that everyone can experience the intensity of the staring matches I am relentlessly bombarded by...
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Al Einstein
LoveActually
Family Elder

Post by LoveActually »

LOL! He's a cutie! American Bulldog?
January 4, 2011 - Dx w/Syringomyelia T4-T9, Migraines, and Possible MS (again - long story)
AlmostClever
Family Elder

Post by AlmostClever »

SHE appreciates that! lol

English (still a pup)
leetz
Family Elder

Welcome

Post by leetz »

Welcome and luv the dog...my friend has one and they are awesome...stick around here you will learn soooo much..we are eachother's rock's here...god bless!!!!

LEETZ
GOD BLESS.... CCSVI treatment Dr. Siskin great doc....symptom's improved for about 3 week's (gait, balance, spasticity) now back to square 1...
LoveActually
Family Elder

Post by LoveActually »

Ah well, I had a 50/50 shot on the sex. LOL! She's a cutie! And that's the next dog on my wish list. We have three, a Yorkie, German Shepherd, and a Great Dane. I think an English Bulldog will fit right in, between the Yorkie and Shepherd. :D

Return to “Introductions”