I did about 6 months of research before I started on LDN. I did hear some negatives along the way, including:
- side effects during the first one to two weeks; nausea, slight fever, vivid dreams, insomnia, dry mouth
- some people quit early on because they did not see immediate improvement (it can take 7 - 9 months to see the full benefit)
- not everyone experiences as drastic improvement as others, but everyone that perservered definitely saw some amount of improvement
- some people have just stuck with the original dosage they were prescribed, i.e. 3.0mg, and did not try the optimal LDN dosage of 4.5mg
- some tried, but can not tolerate a 4.5mg dosage (usually men)
- not everyone has used the correct filler, i.e. wasn't fast-release
- not all pharmacists are skilled at compounding properly
- the taste, when used as a liquid
- not to be combined with codeine or narcotics
- trying to find information on what to do when going for surgery, etc.
Many of the above negatives were fairly isolated incidents, and/or often as a result of not obtaining the prescription from an experienced & reputable LDN pharmacist.
I was required to prepare a "Risk Assessment" paper for my doctor, before he would give me the prescription . . . so I went through the same process as you are at the moment. Attached is a posting that I did on another site, and you can access the "Risk Assessment" paper/info by reviewing my post and clicking on that document (doctor's LETTER link).
http://www.spotlighthealth.com/common/S ... 0diagnosed
I have been on LDN since May 20/05, and I feel fantastic. No more spasticity pain, fatigue, bladder/bowel problems, etc. I hope it works as well for you!!!