Supplements and LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Supplements and LDN

Postby robbie » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:12 pm

Just wondered about anyone taking supplements with LDN. Is there any improvement with adding supplements or other endorphin boosters along with your existing dose of LDN. thanks rob
robbie
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby stsolakos » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:53 pm

Hi Rob.

I used to take DL-Phaenilalanine along with LDN for a couple of weeks but it made me feel as if I had taken 4.5 mg of LDN the previous night, so I stopped taking it. I take 3 mg LDN for two and a half months now and I can not tolerate 4.5 mg yet.

I also take some vitamin E to help my liver recover from 4 years on Rebif and cod oil, which contains vitamins A and D and omega 3 fats, which are said to be beneficial for heart function and "raw material" for new myelin.

I also follow the Swank diet. Well, as much as I can. Those ice creams are really tempting! And this hot weather prevents me from resisting... At least I try. :oops:

Stavros
If God created MS, Devil would create Rebif to treat it!
stsolakos
Family Member

Postby bluejay » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:55 am

I do take the DL-Phenylalanine; it keeps my mood from bottoming out when the LDN is out of my system. I also take Milk Thistle at night with my LDN; I'm at 2 mg of the latter now, after having increased spasticity at 3 mg, and titrating slowly back up to 3 mg (hopefully).

By the way, Milk Thistle is reputed to be very good for liver support/detox.

bluejay
If the doors of perception were cleansed, every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. ~William Blake
It starts with doors...I'd watch out for doors if I were you. ~Neil Gaiman
bluejay

thanks

Postby robbie » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:19 am

I have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks so i just want to ask him about any additional things that might help. I have heard some things about mylen rebuilders. I also thought about changing fillers because of all the comments about the ability for it to be the quickest release possible. I take 3 mg dose currently with calcium carbonate filler. thanks again for your replies and any more, rob
robbie
Family Elder

Return to Low Dose Naltrexone