Spanish LDN - some info that may help others...

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
jgkarob
Family Elder

Spanish LDN - some info that may help others...

Post by jgkarob »

Hi,
Well after the rather useless info here, I managed to read the Spanish foros on how to get LDN.
There are NO compounding farmacias in mainland Spain.
You have to get your hands on a packet of 50mg Naltrexone and do it at home, but this is what I've been doing for 2 years, so no problem.

To obtain the Naltrexone, you can talk a farmacist into selling it to you, or get a private prescription. I'm off the farmacia soon to go and talk to their boss.

It costs - 43 euros a packet. That's 43 euros for over 10 months of LDN.
That's a lot cheaper than in the US or Canada.

Once I get the Naltrexone, I'll put up info on the LDN Trust and try to be of help to others who may find themselves in this position and who don't have much monthly income. :D :D
jgkarob
Family Elder

Post by jgkarob »

Even better news. I spoke to my local farmacia, told them all about LDN and asked if I could buy a packet of Naltrexone and that it would last nearly a year and they were perfectly happy to sell me a packet.
I'll pick it up on Monday and it will cost the grand sum of 23 euros.
This has to be the cheapest LDN ever. I'm very pleased indeed and if anyone else on the Spanish mainland needs info, point them here.
TinaTurner

Re: Spanish LDN - some info that may help others...

Post by TinaTurner »

I'm from holland and I gonna live in spain, can I buij naltrexona without a prescribson?
And how do I make ldn 4 mg?
Can you tel me?
mariacallous

Re: Spanish LDN - some info that may help others...

Post by mariacallous »

How to make LDN.
Buy a packet of 50mg naltrexone and break or split into half (25mg).
Dissolve 25 mg in 250ml water. Take a teaspoon (5ml), or less.
You can get a prescription from the UK and buy LDN from Dickson the chemist in Glasgow. In pill or liquid form. Ask at the MS society in the UK. MSS.org

I also take Rebif. I can't buy the compounded LDN from Skip's in the US. There's a wrong and outdated theory that the 2 drugs work in opposite ways. They don't. LDN activates endorphins that help lower inflammation. Rebif does the same sort of thing (I think).

I've lived here a long time and the farmacias know me and will sell me a packet without a prescription. You can buy just about anything without a prescription. If you have a list of active medicines, then you'll have no trouble.

I can buy amitrityline 10mg over the counter. It's not on my list of meds, but I can still buy it.