LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

LDN

Postby robbie » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:57 pm

Is there any one out there that has secondary progressive MS and finds help from LDN or does it mostly just help people with R&R form of MS.
robbie
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Kasuku » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:46 am

I have been following the discussions on LDN and it seems to me that LDN works in stopping the progression of MS. Several of the strong proponents for LDN have experienced a decrease or complete stop on the progression of the disease. I assume they are PP or SP.
Kasuku
Getting to Know You...

Postby robbie » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:18 pm

Just the lucky ones i guess.
robbie
Family Elder

Postby stsolakos » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:49 am

Hi.

I have SP. I used to develop a slight but brand new symptom every two to three months. Despite hard exercise, I was worsening continuously up to the point that I could not climb down stairs without holding myself. I was also unable to walk distances greater than 500 meters. (1500 feet)

I started LDN last May and I can't find any new symptoms since. I haven't had any exercise for 4 months now because of hard work and lack of time, and I can climb down stairs with my hands in pockets. I can also walk until my legs hurt, over 2 kilometers. That is astonishing!

Well, there are some bad days, too, but they are much much better than the best days before starting LDN.

It does work for SP and the lucky people are a majority, about 70% (but it must be more). 70% is superior to the 25-30% of the CRABs. Trials are needed to find out why LDN works and why it doesn't so that everybody benefits.

Stavros
If God created MS, Devil would create Rebif to treat it!
stsolakos
Family Member

Postby robbie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:44 pm

thx for your reply, it sounds like it really helps you. i have a hard time with stairs and most days just a hard time in general. i do my best as i'm sure we all do, one day at a time. rob
robbie
Family Elder

Return to Low Dose Naltrexone