MS patient quality of life may be improved with LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
MSUK
Family Elder

MS patient quality of life may be improved with LDN

Post by MSUK »

Multiple sclerosis patient quality of life may be improved with low dose naltrexone

Low dose naltrexone (LDN) may be on its way to becoming a new therapeutic agent for multiple sclerosis. Evidence for its efficacy in attenuating multiple sclerosis symptoms is scarce, but results of a phase 3 clinical trial, “A Randomized Placebo-Controlled, Crossover-Design Study of the Effects of Low Dose Naltrexone,” suggest that LDN enhances the mental health quality of life of patients with multiple sclerosis..... Read More - http://www.ms-uk.org/LDN
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
dlynn
Family Elder

Re: MS patient quality of life may be improved with LDN

Post by dlynn »

I believe that ldn should be offered also, to ms patients by their neuros. or GPs. This has been nothing short of a
miracle for me. No side effects other than two nights of restless sleep at the start. I have an occasional bad few days,
but I now have more energy and stamina than the injectables could ever provide for me.
Thanks for the link MSUK
misslux
Family Member

Post by misslux »

It was awful for me, didn't help and made me feel worse. I posted in the LDN side effects thread.
Kronk
Family Elder

Post by Kronk »

I haven't noticed anything good or bad. May as well be a vitamin. But i stick with it because of user reports like dlynn and the fact it is cheap.
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

It's all a matter of trust, isn't it?

Just as you trusted your spouse when you took your wedding vows, you have to be able to trust your doctor, don't you?

So what are we going to do with all those doctors who said LDN and CCSVI were both "nonsense"? Fortunately I've fired all of those who told me that. I have a new GP and a new neurologist. But now, I think I have to ask them too. I may have to fire them too.

Is there going to be a big doctor shortage? Or will some of them step up, and admit they were wrong, for their patients' sake (not just their income's)?

http://creativedestructionofmedicine.com/?p=3

This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
savouryourlife
Family Member

Post by savouryourlife »

I am gladI read your post. Just started LDN's and I am restless at night. So look forward toeing on it longer as hopeful restlessness will calm down and I will get some sleep. Took some magnesium tonight and now will take melatonin

Btw am also allergic to chocolate!
Feb 18, 2010 Eco-Doppler Vaughan, MRV Frankfurt, left INT Jugular valve problem x2, RRMS since 1996, Angioplasty in Frankfurt March 10/10<div>Inclined bed therapy - 09/09/10</div>