20th day on LDN and...

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
annbbe
Family Member

20th day on LDN and...

Post by annbbe »

...and everything is getting worse than it was before LDN...I am happy that I still see...etc. because it goes down very quickly. I heard that the immune system has to restart but it is so weird that I feel nothing good, and still I am just on 1,5mg...
NormB
Family Elder

Re: 20th day on LDN and...

Post by NormB »

Ann are you still with the clinical trial with Avonex?
Ldn doesn't go well with it and furthermore Saccharine is a poor filler with it.
'92 diag RR - '05 SP
On LDN since Sept. 2012 with better quality of life.
grandsons4
Family Member

Post by grandsons4 »

Dear Annbbe; You seem to connect your feeling worse with the use of LDN, and you're statement that you're still on "just 1.5 mg" seems to suggest that you believe a higher dose will of necessity produce a more pronounced ill effect. This is not the standard with LDN. It is more likely that your current dose is having no effect at all. If this is the case, that the 1.5 mg is not effective at all, a dose of 3.0 or 4.5 mg may very well bring the results you desire. Many people using LDN start with the higher doses. My adult son, diagnosed with MS, but being treated for Lyme, started with 1.5, graduated to 3.0, and settled at 4.5 mg. Point is, I don't believe you should be concerned about the higher dosages. Good luck!
annbbe
Family Member

Post by annbbe »

NormB wrote:Ann are you still with the clinical trial with Avonex?
Ldn doesn't go well with it and furthermore Saccharine is a poor filler with it.

I haven't taken any drug for 2,5 years. I left Avonex trial because it was very bad for me. I am not allergic on Saccharine. Why is it poor? I heard that 1,5 mg because of my "size": 174cm and 56 kg. I have no idea, what should be the correct ammount for me. Hey, if 1,5 mg doesn't act at all, I should don't feel anything. I don't get it.
annbbe
Family Member

Post by annbbe »

grandsons4 wrote:Dear Annbbe; You seem to connect your feeling worse with the use of LDN, and you're statement that you're still on "just 1.5 mg" seems to suggest that you believe a higher dose will of necessity produce a more pronounced ill effect. This is not the standard with LDN. It is more likely that your current dose is having no effect at all. If this is the case, that the 1.5 mg is not effective at all, a dose of 3.0 or 4.5 mg may very well bring the results you desire. Many people using LDN start with the higher doses. My adult son, diagnosed with MS, but being treated for Lyme, started with 1.5, graduated to 3.0, and settled at 4.5 mg. Point is, I don't believe you should be concerned about the higher dosages. Good luck!
Thanks, grandsons4, you convinced me. I try 3 mg today evening:).
annbbe
Family Member

Post by annbbe »

Wow...I tried LDN in dose of 3 mg and...I don't feel any change. Anything...
NormB
Family Elder

Post by NormB »

Ann this is way too early to tell, you should continue for at least more than a month but give us some news if you feel different. Is this the only drug you take besides Baclofen.
'92 diag RR - '05 SP
On LDN since Sept. 2012 with better quality of life.

Return to “Low Dose Naltrexone”