LDN usage part 2

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis
Lars
Family Elder

LDN usage part 2

Post by Lars »

After some aggressive research, I have located an old school compounding Pharmacist in my home town. I was stunned to learn that he made and stocked LDN. I have inquired further and have heard everything from "genius" to "healer" when people describe this Pharmacist. Long to short: his version of LDN is liquid and dispensed in an adjustable dosage system. His thought is that it is much easier to build up to the required dosage this way and that the filler issue is moot. I would love some feedback on all of this as I have not heard of liquid LDN before.
As always, thanks.
Lars

<Edit> Wow, I just found any number of web sites explaining not only how to get 50mg Naltrexone without a prescription but how to easily turn it into liquid LDN. Ya know the friggin Internet is amazing!!!! BY the way, google search; liquid LDN.
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Liquid LDN is probably the fastest absorbed form and is often used from UK pharmacies, bear in mind it may be from 50mg Naloxone tabs which means it contains lactose!
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

Dim,
Wouldn't the compounding pharmacists be doing exactly that? To my knowledge Naltrexone is only made in its standard (high dose ) form. Therefore is seems all LDN would have to derive from HDN.???
Lars
DIM
Family Elder

Post by DIM »

Lars wrote:Dim,
Wouldn't the compounding pharmacists be doing exactly that? To my knowledge Naltrexone is only made in its standard (high dose ) form. Therefore is seems all LDN would have to derive from HDN.???
Lars
Not exactly this way, pharmacies can directly buy from manufacturer naltrexone powder and produce their own LDN forms liquid or caps!
There is also transdermal LDN if someone is interested.