Type1 diabetes and LDN

A board to discuss Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) as a treatment for Multiple Sclerosis

Type1 diabetes and LDN

Postby pgy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:47 am

MS and Type1 diabetes are closely related. Does anyone out there have both and using LDN? If so does it have any affect on your Type1 diabetes?
pgy
Family Member

Re: Type1 diabetes and LDN

Postby ReddE » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 am

pgy wrote:MS and Type1 diabetes are closely related. Does anyone out there have both and using LDN? If so does it have any affect on your Type1 diabetes?

I have both and just starting to use LND. It has an effect on my over night blood sugars. It causes my blood sugars to go very low. I am using an insulin pump, so I had to decrease the amount of insulin that my pump delivers every hour. Hope this is of some help. It may not be the same for every diabetic but it is something to be cautious of.
ReddE
Getting to Know You...

LDN and Type 1 Diabetes

Postby pgy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:44 am

I started a facebook group on LDN and Type 1 diabetes

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=342192490776
pgy
Family Member

Postby copacabana » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:48 pm

i also have type 1 diabetes and m.s. and i am going to start ldn next month....just one question...have any of you been tested for ccsvi??? i am just curious to find out how many people with type1 diabetes have been tested and what the results were?
copacabana

Postby willamtarker » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:45 pm

The experience of people with autoimmune diseases, and started LDN treatment has been remarkable. Type 1 is considered an autoimmune disease. LDN is someone almost miraculous effect, because it makes the bodys endorphins, which are essential for the immune system.
willamtarker

Return to Low Dose Naltrexone