Terry Wahls and using a neuromusular Aide: The 300 PV EMP

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms

Postby Liberation » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

lyndacarol wrote:Liberation – I suggest that you consult the website, www.TerryWahls.org and get a copy of her book, Minding My Mitochondria and contact her directly at:

Terry L. Wahls, MD, MBA
VA Iowa City VAMC
U of I Carver College of Medicine
601 Highway 6 West
Iowa City, IA 52246

for the details of her regimen. In brief, the diet allows NO sugar, and it does require LOTS of dark green leafy vegetables; a very limited amount of starchy vegetables is allowed.

As to the neuromuscular electrical stimulation, I am sure that she will advise you to see a physical therapist.

Her clinical trial (phase 1) began in the summer; she plans to publish the results; I expect those will be available by fall. She spoke to me of plans for a phase 2 trial – perhaps you would qualify to participate in that.

Hi Lynda,
thanks for the info. Do you know what conditions it is supposed to help? Would it help If you can still walk without assistance?
Thanks,
L
Liberation
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby lyndacarol » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Daisy – Participation in Dr. Wahls' phase 1 trial required an MS diagnosis of Secondary Progressive (SPMS) and the ability to ambulate 25 feet with or without assistive devices.

I do not know what the criteria for a phase 2 trial might be; I assume the criteria would be the same as for phase 1.

Liberation – I cannot answer your questions; you will have to contact Dr. Wahls for the answers.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Re: Terry Wahls and using a neuromusular Aide: The 300 PV EM

Postby lyndacarol » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:15 pm

This is appropriate for this forum and thread as well as General Discussion where it was first posted by Filmmaker:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Recovery-From ... id=1718850
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Postby NewHope » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Hello, everyone!

I was very impressed by Dr Wahl's recovery and I am planning on starting her diet. I would also like to do the neuromuscular stimulator she used. But I read she first used the 300 PV and then she switched to TDR68 in order to facilitate both the the number of minutes and muscle groups receiving NMES (http://www.thewahlsfoundation.com/wp-co ... Report.pdf). Does anyone know which of the two machines Dr Wahls recommends along with her diet?

I would appreciate any help!

Thank you all!

NewHope
NewHope
Family Member

Postby Rainbolt » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:30 pm

I have been following The Wahls Protocol since Feb/23/14 and am currently in weekly physiotherapy and just started E-Stim today and it just so happens the Rehab I am using uses the Empi 300 but had gotten another type in to try & for me to consider buying. I can't recall the name right now - but it turned out to be a lemon while the Empi 300 worked great. My quads required a 45 to attain the necessary stimulation but my lower legs only required 2.5 so this is very exciting.

My physio had gotten the price for the one that ended up being a lemon and it was only $130 - had it worked I wouldn't mind spending that $ but would always look online for a used 1 first. If Empi raised their prices after Dr. Wahls announced her use of it, it's not a huge surprise. Unfortunately many things are over priced as it is and when they see a marketing opportunity like that they're trying to live their American dream... Unfortunate for those of us who require those things but there may be other things just as good and I'd suggest asking an O/T or P/T to try different ones on you and see what you like best!

Good luck all
Rainbolt
Family Member

Previous

Return to Medical Devices