Exoskeleton makes paraplegic walk again

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms

Exoskeleton makes paraplegic walk again

Postby Frank » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 am

Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
Frank
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Exoskeleton makes paraplegic walk again

Postby NHE » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:48 am

Cool. Techno Trousers! 8O

NHE
Volunteer Moderator

ITB Pump Surgery Last Week

Postby LittleLisa » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:10 pm

I loved that Wallace and Grommit. I thought at the time, that is exactly what I need to make my legs walk right, techno trousers.

I had the next best thing last week, an implant of the ITB Baclofen Pump. I believe that it will help me immensely once I get over the speed bump of the spinal fluid leak that occurred during surgery. Man, you have never had a headache until you have had a spinal headache. It's like a brain freeze headache that never completely goes away, complete with nausea, vomitting, and dizziness. Totally awesome. I am now on day 10 and each day gets a little better. Once the doctors are able to start turning up the volume of medicine, I see the spasticity of my legs meeting near normal levels. I may even be able to walk again without forearm crutches, a cane, or other walking aid.

I will keep everyone posted as the pump gets turned up over the next weeks and months.
LittleLisa
Getting to Know You...

Postby harry1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:17 pm

I was just reading this article about a new exoskeleton called a Hybrid Assitive Limb or HAL that's being created in Japan (Cyberdyne Inc) as it looks like that they are really starting to move forward with smaller and lighter exoskeleton technology.

http://www.physorg.com/news203860982.html
harry1
Family Member

Re: Exoskeleton makes paraplegic walk again

Postby LittleLisa » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:49 am

There seem to be a number of companies that are making exoskeletons to aid paraplegics to walk. Has anyone with MS tried one of these exoskeletons? They seem like they may be helpful for retraining balance and muscle movement.

Bionic "Robot Trousers"
LittleLisa
Getting to Know You...

Return to Medical Devices