Chronic Pain and pain pump

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms

Chronic Pain and pain pump

Postby keepbattling » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

I had a pump implanted on 10/5. My doctor claimed that I would get my life back free of taking oral pain meds. So far, over a month, and I have little to no relief from the pump. My doctor doesn't want me back on the orals b/c she figures I've already detoxed from them. I have extensive chronic pain in my left leg. She put Dilaudid in my pump about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't noticed any difference. My leg feels just as bad if not worse then it did prior to the implant. I am going back (been going 2x a week) to the doc tomorrow. She said she is going to up my meds in the pump. I had a UA and the drugs weren't even showing in my urine. I have gotten to the point where I am going to ask her about removing the pump or find another doctor who understands that pain relief is why I'm going there and lately I haven't had any. Does anyone else have any ideas for pain relief. Have experience with a pump. Know of a good pain management doctor in the phoenix area.. Im desperate at this point .. I am sick of hurting
<strong>Keep up the Battle, One day we will win</strong><br /><br />Your Friend, <br />Rod Covert <br />Rodcovert@gmail.com<br />
keepbattling

Advertisement

Return to Medical Devices