Walkaide

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms
walkagain

Walkaide

Post by walkagain »

Hello all. New here. Therapists at hanger told me about this site. Little about myself. Suffered stroke w/left side weekness. June 2014. Been wearing a afo to help me walk. Physical therapists at my hospital suggested a walkaide. Thought it might help me out walking. Wore it 3 months or so but needed better ankle support as I would roll my ankle. Back to the afo. So. I have this walkaide model 20-0100. Not sure if leg specific. I wore on my left leg. It was programed and adjusted by the factory rep out of jacksonville florida. It has a silicone rain cover for electronics. I listed it on ebay and craigslist but they are full of scammers. If this could help someone out I would take $500 for the unit. I am willing to ship it or take to the hanger clinic.
You can reach me on here.
Thank you.
timlins

Re: Walkaide

Post by timlins »

Is the Walk Aide still available? If so, do you know what size cuff it is? I had a brain tumor 14 years ago and have a drop foot. I discovered the Walkaide and it has been a Godsend. I have had the Walkaide for about 8 years now and mine is so beat up it isn't even funny. My insurance doesn't cover it (don't think many companies do) and I hate having to spend another $5000!
walkagain

Post by walkagain »

It is a large cuff. Just checked. The walkaide was a big help for me as well. The only thing was steps and anytime I lifted my foot I had the tendency to step down on the outside of my foot and roll my ankle. So looks like Im stuck with my A F O. If interested you can reach me at 850 602 4294.
timlins

Post by timlins »

I can't find anyone willing to reprogram it for my gait, walk pace and step. I go to Hanger Clinic in a different state, but Hanger says it's "illegal" to reprogram another medical device if it's not originally in the patients name. This is the problem with the medical industry! My insurance company doesn't cover it and they won't let me buy one used!!!

You might want to consider having it reprogrammed. My ankle rolled at first too. They worked with me and reprogrammed my Walkaide at least 3-4 times within the first year to eliminate the ankle roll, and then occasionally throughout the next three year because my stride was getting longer and I was outwalking the program. It's all in the way it lifts your foot. if you program it to lift your foot up and out to the side you might have a better overcome. Good luck to you!
Afarlow

Post by Afarlow »

Is the WalkAide still for sale?
mchep123

Post by mchep123 »

I have a used walkaide with 7 sets of electrodes that I will sell for $3500