Anyone looking fora recumbant stepper...

Discuss physical medical devices that can be used to treat or improve MS symptoms
Rainbolt
Family Member

Anyone looking fora recumbant stepper...

Post by Rainbolt »

I am hoping to get one of these steppers my physio/rehab place has called a NuStep. I was a full paraplegic after having my son nearly 5 years ago and after a roid run I got minimal use of my legs back and am still considered a paraplegic BUT I can use this machine and got back muscle! It's very exciting to me because I couldn't use my legs in a cycling type way - I don't just mean like a bicycling way I mean I had to really work to move one and then work really hard on the next it was like they were seperate block of concrete that were on completely different pulleys to get moving but with the NuStep I got them to work in tandem again :) And when I had regular use of it I got back to being able to climb stairs! Now pffftttt it's been a couple of years since I had the benefit of one but hopefully someday soon I'll get one of my own! I wanted to let others know about it and suggest if you'd like to try it to phone rehabs in your area and see if they have one or call the company and see if they can tell you a place near you they've sold to maybe?... It's truly an amazing machine for people who can't do regular machines!!!
http://www.nustep.com/
rethink
Getting to Know You...

Post by rethink »

I just purchased the nu step. The insurance does not cover this, because it's classified as an excerise machine. Technically it is but if you go to a therapy establishment it would be covered. I think the insurance companies need to associate the equipment requirement with the medical need. I hope to see improvement. Will let you know in a month.

rethink
whyRwehere
Family Elder

Post by whyRwehere »

rethink,
how's the new machine??
Why
Slumby
Family Member

Re: Anyone looking fora recumbant stepper...

Post by Slumby »

I also was fortunate to use this machine in PT and it is fabulous.
How much does it cost?
Laura

Secondary progressive
14mg aubagio
Edss = 8
Check out my blog!
Laura5myMSstories.blogspot.com
1eye
Family Elder

Post by 1eye »

I agree. I even got a prescription for one, but the cost is still too high for me.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
"I'm still here, how 'bout that? I may have lost my lunchbox, but I'm still here." John Cowan Hartford (December 30, 1937 – June 4, 2001)
Slumby
Family Member

Post by Slumby »

One of my physical therapists knew of a locally owned Gym that has one, but did not remember which gym.
Laura

Secondary progressive
14mg aubagio
Edss = 8
Check out my blog!
Laura5myMSstories.blogspot.com

Return to “Medical Devices”