Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Medical Marijuana in the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis.
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Post by PointsNorth »

We need a forum for this here. MDs starting to embrace. We are centuries behind.
I've started to use CBD powder for Crohns and I'm starting to get results. I've got some hemp oil in front of me which I hope works for my spasticity.

http://drjakefelice.com/cannabismatrix/?s=Spasticity
Albany 2010. Brooklyn 2011
Hayes inspired Calcitriol+D3 2013-2014
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
DrG B12 Transdermal Spray 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
Low-Dose Immunotherapy 2015-16
My Current Regimen http://www.thisisms.com/forum/regimens-f22/topic25634.html
blossom
Family Elder

Re: Excellent Medicinal Cannabis Resource

Post by blossom »

yep, it's tough for the ones that held the limelight for so many yrs. such as the ms society being the drug co.'s "PIMPS" when it came to pushing their drugs.

but, when it comes to cannabis they stated in the article above they can't reccomend it for fear there could be long term damage or side effects. "what a crock"! like there have not been any long term damage or side effects from the drugs they've been "PIMPING" all these years.

what serious side effects do they fear? that a person may actually get some relief from this BASTARD DISEASE and still have their brain and other organs in tact!

amongst the different doctors we have here at tims, i would love to see a true researching and treating marijauna doctor come on board. "anyone know of any?"
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

Hi PointsNorth,
Did you try the hemp oil? Did you notice improvement's? They help me, so hoping the same for you.
Tif
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

PN, it's great that you're starting to note results in your Crohn's from using CBD powder.

Although the hemp oil I tried might have helped on an unseen molecular level, it didn't get me high no matter how much of the oil I took, which friends and I believe didn't happen because I'm on methadone for pain control which blocks many opioid receptors (hence its use for helping heroin addicts), BUT vaping & smoking marijuana does get me high.

So there's obviously something different that happens when I ingest pot (digestive system) versus inhaling pot (respiratory system). Inhaled pot goes directly from the lungs to the heart where it's immediately pumped straight up to the opioid receptors in the brain. I wonder if ingested THC binds to different opioid receptors than inhaled THC and if methadone blocks only the receptors for ingested THC and not the receptors for inhaled THC.

edit- fixed typos
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

@Tif - there was no medicinal affect from the oil but it was a clear oil not a thick dark sludge kind of oil like a Rick Simpson oil. Just got me very high.

@Poet I find vaping difficult due to mobility issues? I like eating raw, non-carboxylated pinches of cannabis as the psychoactive effects are less. Still need to find strain for spasticity.
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
HappyPoet
Family Elder

Post by HappyPoet »

PN, for relief of spasticity, pick any hybrid strain that is high in Indica versus Sativa.

Strains high in Indica produce more of a body high (muscle relaxation) than a head high (psychoactive). Strains high in Sativa produce more of a head high than a body high. It's almost impossible to find marijuana that is 100% pure Indica or Sativa, but it's relatively easy to find hybrid strains, such as one that is 80% Indica/20%Sativa. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of hybrid strains.

Take a look at the different amounts of Indica and Sativa in these mj seeds:

http://amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com/seed ... ized-seeds
PointsNorth
Family Elder

Post by PointsNorth »

Thanks for link Poet. I concentrated on Indicas for a long time but no joy. Now I simply track down strains said to be good for muscle spasms/stiffness. More often than not they are
INDICA dominant but not always. I suspect it might be one or more of the 80+ cannabinoids at work. Still early days . . .
Coimbra Protocol 2014-16
Progesterone 2015-16
mpalla
Family Member

Post by mpalla »

Can you buy bcd capsules or powder ? Do you need a mmj card to purchase? I am re reading nutrition and natural approaches. The three drugs have almost killed me. I looked on line on amazon and vitamin sights...I don't know what name is truest and don't want to get arrested for buying stuff online. Where do I start? Thanks
Diagnosed 2-13-13. RRMS.
Tif
Family Elder

Post by Tif »

At this point in time, it depends on where you live and what laws are in place. If you live in a state where it is legal, you can get them from a dispensary, a caregiver or make them yourself -IF you're allowed by law....If you live where it is illegal to buy, grow or ingest cannabis, then you.....well, I don't know where or what you can do, sorry to say.
My understanding is that they are made based on 'Rick Simpson's oil'. So, you can make them, if you have cannabis available.
Maybe someone else will know more...Good luck!
Oh, and the capsules are STILL working wonders for me:) yeah!
hannakat
Family Elder

Post by hannakat »

My research into hemp oil has just started. From what I've read, the oil does not make one 'high' but the benefits are present. I also read that it can be used topically for pain. I'm so new to this, guess it's a matter of time spent in research. I'd love to try hemp oil but trying to distinguish where to purchase it has become confusing for this MS riddled brain of mine.

MJ is not legal in my state. How could oil not be legal since the component that causes a 'high' is not there?
want2bike
Family Elder

Post by want2bike »

Here is a video explaining the benefits of Hemp oil. There are many plants that are healing but the drug companies can't make money on them. Our governments support the drug companies not healing.

tazbo
Family Member

Post by tazbo »

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/05/health/gu ... marijuana/
Sanjay Gupta is convinced health benefits can be derived from Cannabis.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Rick Simpson's hemp oil

Post by Merlyn »

I have not been on this board for many many months. I am the phlebotomy person that had such good results with blood removal, but unfortunately I ended up anemic and I cannot do this. So now I am going to be trying Rick Simpson's hemp oil. I intend to buy some and I intend to make my own with some Everclear as the solvent. Is anybody else doing this regularly? Or is it just too difficult to get a hold of the product? I live in British Columbia and we have pretty lax laws concerning compassion clubs…

http://www.naturesbotanicals.ca/

I have never heard of the Z-plant that is 100% Indica… I only use Indica, I have used MJ since about 1997 but I have always smoked it and did not realize that it would have a different physiological effect if one ingests instead. I did eat a cookie a few years ago and got so high I did not like it and I don't normally have a problem with the psychotropic effects, in fact I like them. This is kind of cheesy, but kind of interesting…

tzootsi
Family Elder

Post by tzootsi »

CBD, which is totally legal and non narcotic, can be very helpful for ms. CBD is an extract of Hemp oil. Its quite expensive, but a small bottle will last over a month. Easliy available on amazon.
Merlyn
Family Elder

Post by Merlyn »

My problem is I did not like the CBD strain. It did nothing for me, did not relieve spasticity, it just seemed neutral. Whereas when I use Indica, my favorite being SOMA, I get much better symptom alleviation. I gather when you do the oil you get used to the psychotropic effects and generally they end up being tolerable. I have listened to a number of lectures from Rick Simpson and I just love the man. I agree with him about the Indica. I do not tolerate the sativa strains at all, they make me hyper. I can't sleep if I smoke sativa and I find it totally ironic that that is what they use for the marijuana spray that is so overpriced and useless. It is the wrong strain for MS… Idiots.

Return to “Medical Marijuana”